Truth About Biden's Helicopter 'Forced' Down

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Mr.Wizard, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Mr.Wizard

Mr.Wizard 1,000+ Posts

Only Biden could make a cold front sound like al Queda.

The Link
    The Link

Invoking echoes of Hillary’s Balkan adventures, during a recent speech Joe Biden alluded to having been in a helicopter that was forced into evasive maneuvers by what he suggests (though doesn’t actually say) was the Taliban and/or al Qaeda terrorists

“Ladies and gentlemen, where are we now? Where are we now?” Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., said to the National Guard Association today, talking about the war in Afghanistan

“If you want to know where Al Qaeda lives, you want to know where Bin Laden is, come back to Afghanistan with me,” Biden said. “Come back to the area where my helicopter was forced down, with a three-star general and three senators at 10,500 feet in the middle of those mountains. I can tell you where they are.”

Biden said that Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., “says he’ll follow them to the gates of hell. You don’t have to go to hell. Just go to Pakistan. Just go to that area. That superhighway of terror that exists between Afghanistan and Pakistan.”

Sounds like Biden is saying that he and the other Senators/military brass on that helicopter had a close encounter with terrorists, no? Well, the truth is that it was more of a close encounter with some sort of cold front:

“The weather closed in on us,” Kerry told the AP at the time in a phone interview from Turkey. “It went pretty blind, pretty fast and we were around some pretty dangerous ridges. So the pilot exercised his judgment that we were better off putting down there, and we all agreed…We sat up there and traded stories.”

Kerry joked, “We were going to send Biden out to fight the Taliban with snowballs, but we didn’t have to do it…Other than getting a little cold, it was fine.”

2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Mr
    ya know I am starting to admire biden's facile mind.
    He distorts his past life almost as muchas obama does.

good story

3. DigglerontheHoof

DigglerontheHoof 1,000+ Posts

4. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

5. danthehorn

danthehorn 250+ Posts

Who knows what Biden will say in the debate. At one point he tells a guy that is heckling him that he is smarter than the heckler because he got scholarships, academic awards and degrees that proved he was smart.

The problem is that everything he pointed to was either misleading or untrue. [​IMG]

6. bozo_casanova

bozo_casanova 2,500+ Posts

wait, I thought you liked Hillary?