TT may have a student from the stands Kick FGs

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by humahuma, Oct 22, 2008.

1. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

Williams is a Tarleton State transfer student who won a month of free rent at the Tech/UMass game several weeks ago by kicking a 30-yard field goal. After his successful try, Williams was walking back to his seat when he was flagged down.

"They relayed a message to me saying that Coach [Mike] Leach wanted to talk to me," Williams told RedRaiderSports.com the next day.

The Link

2. KC-97HORN

KC-97HORN 500+ Posts

I thought that kid was the one who MISSED the kicks last week.

My brother (tech grad) already told me the story about the kid getting free rent last week- i heard this story before the Missouri game last week- and he may have told me about it before the ou game.

he said that because the kid joined the football team, he had to give back the free rent prize- and they were talking about kicking the kid to the curb after last week's performance, meaning he wouldnt get anything for joining the team

3. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Leach shanghaied the guy?

4. Wesser

Wesser 1,000+ Posts

Wait... wouldn't that make him the 12TH MAN?!?!?!?

My God, aggy will begin immediate moblization for a preemptive war on Lubbock. E. King Gill did not even get in the game, Tech will one-up aggy on their tradition. Ha ha.

5. KMed

KMed < 25 Posts

Technically, all kickers (and all football players) at every NCAA school are students. Though, I guess at Tech this isn't always the case.

6. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

7. BoSquared

BoSquared 250+ Posts

The pirate is somehting special, I'll tell ya. [​IMG]

8. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

According to a friend of mine who goes to Tech, this guy kicked a 49 yarder in high school.

9. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

From the article, I gather that Leach only wants him for PATs because of the ball trajectory. I'm guessing they'll use the multiple kickers. It's worked pretty well for us the last couple seasons.

10. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

You noticed that too. I was also curious if said student kicked from the stands, wouldn't it be out of bounds?

11. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Cana
    nicely played
    [​IMG]

12. JD Raider

JD Raider First Time Poster