Turduckhen

Discussion in 'Rusty's Grill' started by FridayNiteLites, Nov 11, 2011.

1. FridayNiteLites

FridayNiteLites 500+ Posts

Where can you find one in the Austin area and are they worth it? We are still having the traditional turkey, but I was thinking about doing something different for a change. Anyone had experience with a turduckhen? Thanks.

2. Bye Week

Bye Week 250+ Posts

Hebert's Specialty Meats in Tyler.

3. FridayNiteLites

Thanks, but Tyler is not really in the Austin area.

4. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Central Market has four different kinds.

5. FridayNiteLites

Thanks Vol, anyone had one?

6. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Jalapeno cornbread is good. I'm not a big duck fan so I had to stay away from that part. Like or dislike is really a personal preference. Those that like them will swear by them. Those that don't usually hate them. Unfortunately you won't know if you like it until you try it.

7. Bye Week

Bye Week 250+ Posts

Sorry. I know how far Tyler is from Austin. I just thought with, you know, delivery and all, it might be helpful info..

8. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

I have not tried it but those I've spoken to that have didn't exactly rave about it. I've heard the flavor described as being 'off' and the duck as being a little overpowering.

9. FridayNiteLites

I like duck, wild or domestic. For some it is an acquired taste. Someone told me about a Cajun market in Austin, so I might check it out. Looks like they are around $70. Thanks for the info.