TV Football Analysts

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Wideawake, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Wideawake

Wideawake 100+ Posts

It's half way through the season, so you've probably had a chance to catch some of the football analysts. Who do you like so far?

I am partial to Dave Lapham because of his colorful descriptions such as jack-hammer feet. I'm not sure he's doing college broadcasts these days. While I couldn't find a video of him doing a Texas game, I did find this one someone uploaded.

2. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

I like anyone who doesn't blabber about the $EC.

• Like Like x 1
  3. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

My favorite duo currently is Nessler and Blackledge. Spielman talks like he's in the library but I like his analysis. Not a lot of hyperbole just great sense of the game.

Chris Fowler does not possess a prime time voice. He was a great fit for gameday and thursday night games. I'm sure I'll get railed for this but I loved Big Game Brent calling the abc night game. I though espn-abc did a disservice by bumping him for Fowler. Fowler has earned his stripes no doubt but he's not the guy for the job.
    Gus Johnson is fantastic if your team is making exciting plays and not he's referring to Texas as UT.

4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  5. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

I like the guy from fox the one who called the cal game I think his name was Gus Johnson that guy was animated

6. 1leggedduck

1leggedduck 1,000+ Posts

Good old Lapham. Poor guy. If he was any dumber, he'd think backwards. Pam Ward is nice, what with that smokey, smooth voice. She sounds like she went trick or treating as a lumberjack, and now can't stop doing the voice. Honestly, I don't care if women do football broadcasts. Just find someone knowledgeable who doesn't sound like a 13 year old boy trying to sound like a 17 year old boy.

• Like Like x 1