TV for Minn game?

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Mar 19, 2008.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

The Texas schedule lists it as ESPN2/ESPNU. But the ESPN TV schedule has the game on ESPNU. [​IMG] Looks like I may be headed out to Bagpipes on Burnet and 183 to watch the game. Hopefully, they will also show it on ESPN2 which I can watch at home.

2. BrûléeOrange

BrûléeOrange 500+ Posts

Bab, you'll be taking a big chance on ESPN2. My DISH guide says it will be "whip-around" coverage including AZ State vs. Temple, Minn. vs. Texas, Oral Roberts vs. Tenn and UC-Santa Barbara vs. Virginia. (I can see them showing too much of the other UT routing ORU.)

ESPNU only lists the Texas game, but I have my DVR set on the ESPN alternate channel that says Texas vs. Minnesota broadcast "only available in MN and TX".

I HATE "whip-around coverage". I can almost guarantee you that if you depend on seeing the game on ESPN2, you're going to miss parts of it. It will be interesting to see if Texas is the only game covered on ESPNU during the game.

3. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, I really hate that whip around stuff. I wish they did regional coverage and showed the teams in areas that would be interested in them rather than a close game elsewhere. I'll wait until Sunday before deciding whether to go watch at a club or at home, depending on what's on the schedule.

4. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

5. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

looks like the Horns will be on ESPN2 (different from ESPN2HD) so I'm staying home and taping the game. [​IMG]