twc/dish/directv

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by orangebones, Nov 19, 2008.

1. orangebones

orangebones 500+ Posts

somebody tell me what i should do. i am moving from an area with one terrible cable service (centrovision), to an area with centrovision and time warner. if grande were available, this would be a no-brainer...alas, grande hasn't made it to temple yet.

time warner has a promo bundle for digital cable/internet/phone for about $90 (for the first year - gay). the problem is, i hate those ********. i could go dish or directv, but dish has always seemed like the weak sister (their site seems to confirm this) and directv doesn't manufacture and sell internets (at least that i'm seeing on their site).

i don't need a landline, but the twc bundle is cheaper with the phone than without it (again - gay). i could go directv + 10 for HD (which is irritating) and use a local isp (that i've used before and like), and forego the phone, but that isn't much cheaper than the twc deal.

i am trying to figure out a way to avoid twc...but no one is giving me a better deal. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. johnny chimpo

johnny chimpo 500+ Posts

I have had TW and Dish, but now am with AT&T U-Verse and it blows both of them away.

3. Fanny McLonghorn

Fanny McLonghorn 100+ Posts

Had TW, they were ********, switched to Dish. Like a battered wife who ran into the arms of another man, a man who would then beat her with heavy objects and fart in her mouth, I long to return to the mildly abusive touch of TW.

4. orangebones

orangebones 500+ Posts

so...we don't get u-verse in temple either. CRAAAAAAAAAAP. fanny, are you saying that dish is more bastardly than tw?

[​IMG]

who is the grande dude that posts occasionally? is grande ever coming temple?

5. Fanny McLonghorn

Fanny McLonghorn 100+ Posts

6. SubliminalHorn

SubliminalHorn 500+ Posts

Well can you tell us why?

7. GatorDave

GatorDave 500+ Posts

I've had Dish Network for over 3 years now and don't have any major complaints. I lose signal a little too often in big storms, but that's about it. The channel line-up is good and the picture quality of the HD is excellent. Their DVR receiver is also considered the best on the market.

8. hlaustin

hlaustin 250+ Posts

Take a look at Direct TV. They have the most HD content of any of the other providers, and the NFL Ticket. The have been doing some new stuff with being able to play things off your DVR on your home network as well. They have also just signed an agreement with AT&T for the bundle package that will begin in January, they are dropping the Dish package. I have been with Direct for over 12 years and Love it. They will also have new TIVO branded DVRs next year as well as add another 50 channels of hd.

9. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

I have DISH and I like it. It is cheaper than Direct and that is why I have it. It doesn't have NFL Sunday Ticket but if you are going for cost then you aren't going to buy Sunday Ticket anyway.