Twitter

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Joe Fan, Jul 25, 2016.

1. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

It’s a term of endearment. I use in traffic often. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Colorful language like that is called Okie in my house.

• Hot Hot x 1
  3. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Wow
    He is going to be skewed by every Dem breathing including MSM

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  6. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

7. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Lol. We will see if this is true. I mean how could maple cocaine be wrong?

8. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

So when is the deal supposed to go through? When can we get Trump back on Twitter!?

9. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Please make the board explain to the Twitter employees how forcing the merger to go through is the best interest.

10. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I think they know that it is financially in their best interest. It is not in Elon’s and he will back out. He’s handling this with the same grace and self harm that the Cleveland browns is handling the Mayfield/Watson switcharoo

11. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Elon is negotiating the best deal. It happens with all acquisitions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

If Elon can show that TWTR cooked the books and made Enron-esque claims in the SEC filings, then TWTR lacks clean hands. It is mildly ironic that he has now made an agency that hates him HAVE to look at claims of impropriety by the company, especially on the heels of the unrelated holding out of the Fifth Circuit this week...

As to the Browns...I would be surprised if Watson plays this year. After the meetings this week, I fully expect something to come down before pre-season that results in him being placed on the Commissioner's Exempt list.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

It provides justification to clean house without getting into the political censorship issue.

14. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I think the way they structured his contract $1 mill this season and then the rest divided over the life of the contract was stupid. Goodell is gonna laugh at that and then suspend him for 2 seasons. This is not a sympathetic audience for baker but the browns peed down their own leg from the outset here.

15. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I’m not sure how they cooked the books. But it will play out in the light of day.

16. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I understand this is a frequently asked rhetorical question across all of Oklahoma.

• Hot Hot x 1
  18. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

FIFY. I know you hate that, but you set it up.

19. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I enjoy FIFY when it’s sarcasm, humor, fun, etc. I’m 100% in on this kind. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Like Like x 1
  21. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Heard a guy say they should kick Elon off the platform. He compared it to a guy coming into a sports bar and liking the place but not being pleased with some changes, make a formal offer to buy it and then proceeds to **** post about poor management and health department issues. He’s actively hurting the value of the restaurant as he awaits appraisal for the purchase but now he wants to negotiate a lower price. He said the restaurant would tell him to get bent and kick him out and never allow him back in.

22. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

So, to be clear...you listen to people that encourage publicly-traded companies to engage in an action which is contrary to the position that same publicly-traded company puts in its quarterly and annual filings required under federal law?

23. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

What position are you referencing? Twitter is a private company. Right? Musk is hurting their value as he’s “negotiating” with them, right?

24. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

It’s the equivalent of the browns pissing on mayfield, signing a guaranteed contract, and then trying to trade him to owners who do NOT like guaranteed contracts. When I have an employee who’s a pain in the *** I can tell others that they walk on water, hug lepers and heal the blind if it will help move them on down the road.

25. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

As a publicly traded company, they have obligations under the SEC guidelines. Elon is shining a light on the fact that they may very well have lied and lied for MANY years in those documents. Lying in SEC filings is perpetuating a fraud upon shareholders and prospective shareholders. AND, as it relates to the proposed purchase, $TWTR has not come to the table with clean hands...as I have stated elsewhere, Elon should have perhaps done more due diligence, but he ALSO has a reasonable presumption under the law that the company honestly advanced position statements in the filings required under federal securities law. Twitter being a private company that trades publicly does not allow them leeway to misstate things in a Prospectus, 10Q, 10K or any other filing which is designed to convey information to shareholders...

Interestingly enough, $TWTR is up today while the broader market is down.

Oh, and since Elon is ALSO a substantial shareholder, he is most assuredly aware of the current per-share prices.

26. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

was there a reason you replied to your own post nine minutes after you made the one to which you replied?

27. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Did I previously suggest not quoting dumb people? Yes I did.
    Elon is not a visitor or an employee of Twitter. He's an owner of a significant amount of shares. If the twits at Twitter have been lying about their users, they need to be exposed/prosecuted, and Musk can buy the company for the true value, not a value fraudulently produced by snowflakes.

Bubba is tied up in his mouse cord.

• Funny Funny x 3
  28. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

korn
    Interesting
    Why did you poop mb's post?

29. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

They may not be able to answer...after all, they registered in September of 2005 and only have one post...and that was circa 2008. They may be on a quota of one reply every couple of decades.

• Funny Funny x 2
  30. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Your post is lying put the facts. Who poops facts?