Two Big 12 teams left in the NCAAs

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Mar 23, 2019.

1. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

And you're perfect... we all get it. The absolute certified authority of this forum, whose opinions are the only credible ones.

I suppose you have ambitions of becoming a mooderator too. :lmao:

• Winner Winner x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  2. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Stay in your lane...

• poop poop x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

If the shoe fits then wear it.:idk:

• poop poop x 2
  4. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

I am no way embarrassed to be beaten by Indiana. From looking at the Big 10 records provided by brnkj, it is clear that Indiana had an up and down year. As Moooooo pointed out, they beat UCLA on UCLA's home court, no small feat. UCLA is on to the Sweet 16. They beat Iowa, a #2 seed. They took out Missouri State by 24 points, the team that took out #3 seed Iowa State pretty easily yesterday. Obviously, when they rise to the occasion, they are pretty darned good. They played well against us.

As someone stated, this was a rebuilding year for us --- a totally new backcourt with Ariel, Brooke, and Lashann gone. I'm so tired of hearing how we had all this superior talent to everyone else but Baylor and squandered it through bad coaching. I don't agree with all of our coaching choices, but that wasn't the main problem. We played at about the level of talent we had. Hopefully next year we will be better. I have high hopes for Lashann's healthy return, seeing what Celeste can do, our current players' improvement, Sedona coming through, the Australians bringing some good things, and maybe most of all, Joyner having the best year of her career. I hope she will play on the block more and slow down slightly, which I think would improve her shooting and cut down on turnovers. Now, give me all the silly emoji's and poops and disagrees. Of course we all know who believes what on this board, so these little flourishes are not very effective anymore.

• Like Like x 3
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  5. txtreefan

txtreefan 100+ Posts

Player development is not great, but it is okay, and not really the problem with Aston coached teams. Last year TX under-achieved - both McCarty and Atkins are contributing in the WNBA, and TX lost to a lower seed in the tournament. This year, there was lesser talent and once again TX lost to a lower seed. The Big 12 over the last decade failed to perform to seeding more than any other P5 conference. After 7 years what is clear is that regardless of personnel, the same problems remain: high turnovers, depressing ineptitude in a half court offense, the inability to score against any kind of decent zone, weak to non-existent game-planning, and very few in-game adjustments - it does not matter who is on the floor. I think Sutton, Holmes, Higgs and Collier will all likely play in the WNBA. They are good enough, but not good enough to overcome mediocre to bad coaching on the offensive side of the court. Next year should see a talent upgrade, but until there is an improvement in coaching, the ceiling will remain a sweet 16 at best... It is what it is. And given her excellence as a recruiter, and recruiting is a key component of a coach's job, I think it's entirely fair to say that no-one in WCBB, not named Holly Warlick, does less with more than Karen Aston...

• Agree Agree x 6
    • poop poop x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  6. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

"the ceiling is a sweet 16 at best..." You seem to forget we went to the elite 8 year before last.

• Like Like x 4
    • poop poop x 1
  7. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

On the last second loss to Notre Dame last year....."That 3 seconds haunts us. I have to do a better job of teaching and coaching. It's MY job to get them home." - Vic Schaefer

What he has done this year losing 4 starters and another starter to injury during the year is beyond impressive. While I don't believe it's ever all on the coach, you have to love a coach who actually takes responsibility and believes that the ultimate success or failure of his team is his responsibility.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  8. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

Actually, it was 3 years ago that we went to the Elite 8, not year before last.

• Like Like x 1
  9. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Welp, It looks like Coach Aston isn’t the only college coach that doesn’t know what she’s doing with a team full of AA’s. I guess Coach K just doesn’t know what he’s doing with all those 5 stars on his roster either. Maybe he needed more junkyard dogs and less AA’s like Michigan st.:idk:

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  10. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Well, hold your breath waiting on Karen Aston to make the Elite 8 again... and see how that works out for ya. :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

No, not quite. Coach K lost to a #2 Seed and made the Elite 8. We lost in the FIRST ROUND to a #10 seed. Nice try though...... :popcorn:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Thanks for making my point even better for me but Hit dogs will holler.:idk:

13. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

No, your post made absolutely NO sense whatsoever. Kind of like you bumping the thread.....:yippee:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Once again thanks for making my point even better for me. I feel bad for you I know you live a miserable life don’t howl too loud.:clap:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  15. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Good game between Baylor and Iowa.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Not so good!

• Like Like x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  17. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Well Baylor won 85 to 53.
    K. Mulkey is a good coach.
    I wish Texas had her.
    Final 4 Bound.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

It's annoying how they keep calling it the "NCAA WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP PRES. BY CAPITAL ONE" . . . I see a score with "NCAA WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP" and it makes me think that's the score of, well, the championship.

19. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

We missed that boat two hires ago. A lot of people are glad about that, I'm not one of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • poop poop x 1