Two Plays We Need To Run

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by DRAG69, Jan 9, 2009.

1. DRAG69

DRAG69 1,000+ Posts

Florida runs two plays that I have rarely, if ever, seen anyone else use and I would love to see us run them next season.

One is that tight end shovel pass. That was the first time I have ever seen that and it worked great last night several times. Of course we need a tight end next season and I hope Irby is able to get back.

The other is that jump pass that Tebow uses regularly. It seems to work everytime they run it. I think Colt could pull that off with ease because of his running ability.

I think we should use that againt OU next October. [​IMG]

2. StuckInMemphis

StuckInMemphis 25+ Posts

That TE-QB-RB triple option that they ran was fantastic. We definitely have the horses for it next year and need to add it.

3. OrangeChipper

OrangeChipper 1,000+ Posts

I loved the spread look... fake the bubble screen and then do a QB draw.

That play was bad-***.

4. alden

alden 1,000+ Posts

Ok, but only after we use the hook&ladder and the statue of liberty. [​IMG]

5. BurntOrangeGuy

BurntOrangeGuy 100+ Posts

exactly what I thought when I saw the TE shovel.....that would work for us........would have been great when Jermichael was the TE too

6. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

It was another version of the old triple-option, and it ate OU's lunch. I loved it. Our offense is pretty high powered, but the shovel pass is a good wepon against a quick rush, so maybe we should look at this play.

7. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

We need to run the play where ou got stuffed at the goal line

8. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

Colt should be in the office today asking why don't we run this, this, this!!!!

9. Texas Jack

Texas Jack 1,000+ Posts

10. Dude

Dude 1,000+ Posts

I love that TE shovel as well, but was wondering if its more effective for UF because they run the option more than we do.

Seems like Colt has done some quasi-jump pass plays on the goal line before. His is more like a hop pass.

11. DCLonghorn

DCLonghorn 1,000+ Posts

12. toucan82

toucan82 1,000+ Posts

any chance that the cowboys run that next year?

13. Huckleberry

Huckleberry 1,000+ Posts

14. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

We also need a RB that can get to the corner and turn up field.

15. everybodygodeep

everybodygodeep 500+ Posts

We have run the single option shovel pass with pathetic results. Need the threat of the triple option to truly make the play effective.

16. UTeric32

UTeric32 500+ Posts

I love how every message board in the country has a topic wanting to run the TE triple option now....

It did look badass

17. GHoward

GHoward 2,500+ Posts

We have run the inside shivel pass at least once this season. I'm not sure it was an option though, it was probably a set play. I think we ran it with split backs in the shotgun, or maybe with a WR in motion. It was early in the season and never seem again.

18. baoklhorn

baoklhorn 1,000+ Posts

You read my mind Drag 69

19. utmck

utmck 500+ Posts

How about getting the ball to Fozzy in the flats, whether it is a screen or not doesn't matter.

20. orangebones

orangebones 500+ Posts

For those who watched the Oregon/Okie Lite game, the ducks were able to run downhill
    out of the gun by having their back line up 2-3 yds deeper than the qb, and actually
    having their OL fire off the ball. That is how we need to use Cody and Whaley, if we're still
    going to line up in the gun.

21. jameson_bond

jameson_bond 500+ Posts

22. repeater

repeater 25+ Posts

With the tight end shovel pass, we could probably put 24 on OU like Florida! Oh, wait, we put 45 (well 38 technically) on them with our offense.

It is a badass play, though. So is Colt + Shipley exploiting the Cover 2.