Two thoughts on playoffs

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LikeMike, Jan 2, 2018.

1. LikeMike

LikeMike 500+ Posts

1. OU chocked! Only saw the last quarter and OT, but they took the ball out of the Heisman QB's hands in crunch time. Throw the ball in the end zone during OT.

2. Our 2 defensive lineman approach would not be able to stop Alabama or Georgia. They would run right over us. It is a real challenge to design a defense to play in the Big 12 and against an SEC team. One step is for the coaches to recruit a few more DL and why not use 2 DTs on short yardage. (the commentators were talking about how Alabama does not have 7 or 8 DL, they have 11 ready to play!)

2. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Fortunately we wouldn't run it. The whole point of it is a way to counter elite passing attacks, and neither of those have one. I suspect we'd run a more conventional front, put a spy on their QB (Hertz? How does he spell it??) and basically dare him to beat us throwing. Georgia's offense would be a lot tougher to stop in that regard.

3. LikeMike

LikeMike 500+ Posts

Yes, I saw Georgia's freshman QB throw the ball over the middle for a first down! Sure hope we try that next year.

4. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

To be fair, they called one, but it wasn't open (although Mayfield wisely threw it anyway b/c he knew the D was offsides and so there was no risk).

5. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

6. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

I can see that since any rankings are SWAG's. Sorry if that hurts froggy's feelings. ou pays for those rankings; KSU is always tough; and Texas will be extremely dangerous if they can find someone who can spell "offense".

• Like Like x 1