Two true Heroes

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests' started by NickDanger, Sep 11, 2001.

1. NickDanger

NickDanger 2,500+ Posts

There are several hundred of them that gave their lives today amongst the NYFD and NYPD and probably a bunch of civilians, but two that come to my mind that saved thousands of lives are the heroes that designed the buildings and those that agreed to pay for it. The designs implememnted columns on 3.5' centers instead of the common 10 or 15' used most often and someone decided that the extra millions to implement that design were worth it. And the only worth was safety. Bet it didn't increase the rents by one cent. Those designs and decision allowed those buildings to stand for +/- an hour and allowed thousands to walk out.

edited to get the sopranos ref out of it.

2. HoustoNole

HoustoNole 25+ Posts

Interesting point. I was wondering why/how the building was able to stand up for a while, and the collapse later.

Usually, I see buildings collapse upon impact.

3. Son of a Son

Son of a Son 1,000+ Posts

I didn't know the Italians were heroes too.
    (Sorry Nick. I couldn't resist)

You are absolutely 100% correct though. 50,000 people work at the WTC and those concerns save many and I hope most of those lives.

4. UT Horn

UT Horn < 25 Posts

Also, whoever it was on the plane from Newark that stopped it. I’ll never know what happened or who it was, but someone on that flight worked up the guts to f*** them up. There’s obviously no way you’ll ever be able to read this, but you’ll be in my prayers tonight.

5. The Dog

The Dog 250+ Posts

nobody still knows what exactly happened to the plane out of Newark other than it crashed in Pennsylvania.

Some people say that it was shot down by the military; others say the pilot ditched because he/she knew what was up.

6. bigbend1812

bigbend1812 500+ Posts

We should know something when they review the blackboxes.

7. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy 25+ Posts

Or, the terrorist-pilot on that plane wasn't as skilled at the controls as the others.

8. lowery21

lowery21 250+ Posts

At first I thought that we shot that one down. However, now after talking to my father the pilot, I belive that he/she ended that bastard's awful plans.

It was later in the day, maybe the pilot had heard something, and saved several lives by grounding the plane.

One thing is for sure. This is the most terrible thing that I have ever seen. I've been on the verge of tears all day, only to sucumb a few times. Such a terrible pointless loss of life.

May God be with the families of those lost. May God aim the arrows of our inevitable justice true. God Bless America