TX-OU Weekend Friday Night Bash w/ DIAMONDBAG

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Jive_Turkey, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Jive_Turkey

Jive_Turkey 1,000+ Posts

I can walk up there and crawl back home.

Looking forward to it, once again.

2. MaxHorn

MaxHorn 250+ Posts

I'm ready to play RIGHT NOW. Boulder was rockin' last night. It sounds like a whole bunch of you will be at the show, and we'll do our best to make it a great one.

[​IMG]

3. MaxHorn

MaxHorn 250+ Posts

Friends,

We may not be in the same league as corn dogs and funnel cakes just yet, but it seems like the annual TX-OU Weekend DIAMONDBAG show has become quite the Friday night tradition for many Hornfans regulars. We're honored to be a part of what is always the best weekend of the year, and we hope that you can join us again for what should be one hell of a Longhorn party!

This year's show will be at the same place as our gigs the last two years: the LAKEWOOD BAR & GRILL (6340 Gaston Ave. between Skillman & Abrams). The live music will start about 9, with DIAMONDBAG taking the stage for one long set between 10 and midnight. There's a minimal cover charge, and plenty of FREE parking all around the area. Get there early if you want a table, as the LBG will become a virtual sea of burnt orange that night! It's a guaranteed Sooner-free zone-- can you ask for anything more?

By the way, for the uninitiated...DIAMONDBAG is a band that plays Neil Diamond songs in all sorts of twisted ways. This humble Hornfans moderator also happens to be the lead singer. And yes, that means I have to wear a sparkly blue shirt. It's the law.

Check out our web site for more info, or just shoot me an email (maxhorn@hornfans.com) or a PM if you have any questions. We hope to see you Friday night for all of the madness!

HOOK EM HORNS!! [​IMG]

DIAMONDBAG: The Link
    LBG MySpace: The Link

[​IMG]

4. UTEE

UTEE 1,000+ Posts

Any James tunes on the set list for Friday??? [​IMG]