TX v. ISU Game 2

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by xdxmmxchxxl, Feb 11, 2020.

1. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

ISU at 6-5 in B12 has moved into 4th in the conference after beating OU this past weekend. They are a solid team; gonna have to continue to play strong defense.

We should dominate in the paint, then again we often should and don’t. The couple bigs they have, have really struggled lately; Nezerwa barely saw time in their last game. Sharpshooter Espenmiller-McGraw has had some good games since we saw them last, hopefully she has another 14TO game. That’s not a typo...14

Joens suffered an injury in the game, any word on if she will play? Hope she isn’t seriously injured, but still feeling it a little too much to play tomorrow. Not having her 20PPG to work against would be nice.

I think Lashann needs to start over Joyner. Last time KA benched Joyner she played great off the bench against TTU at home. Too many sub-par games in a row, she needs a reality check. Could be good with ISU small lineup as well.

I like that KA hasn’t had problems pulling the vets and getting some younger players minutes as of late. Jo and Audrey are really improving. If Audrey can avoid fouling 3 seconds into her playing time she really helps us a lot w hustle plays, etc. Gonna be as important to us as Jada is now in a couple years.

If we can take care of business this should be a good week for us, Kansas at 1-10 in the B12 should be a W on Saturday as well. Finishing the week 17-7(9-3) would make me a very happy Horn!

HOOKEM

• Like Like x 4
  2. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Our defense on the perimeter has carried us, and I'm expecting it should serve us well in this game. Unless, of course, the Twister Sisters come in hitting 3's like layups --- which historically they ARE known to do at times.

*I'm betting on our defense.:hookem:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

Horns need this win. No trap game please!

4. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

A lot of turnovers in the first quarter. Cold shooting.

5. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Omg If I could just go through this tv screen and on the floor and draw up some offense I would!!!! Absolutely no reason Texas should not break down this zone with ease instead of pass it around the outside the entire time :brickwall:

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

One of the worst halves I've seen from us in awhile.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

Man I’m trying to be positive but we look like some 5th graders out there. Guard play is pathetic tonight. Hopefully that 3 at the end of half picks us up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

21 points after 2 quarters... looking like an egg half way baked

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

I'll say it. Joyner Holmes is a liability on the floor. Totally out of control.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

Once again, Aston's inability to develop an offense to effectively attack a zone defense produces a loss.

11. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

5 minutes left in the 3rd and we're down 16, shooting 19% from the field, 21% from 3. Embarrassing isn't a strong enough word. Pathetic? Disgusting? What adjective would you choose to modify "performance"?

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

She has mailed it in.......for her career. Time to move away from her and get the young ones more playing time.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

I have dropped way worse words in the past 30 minutes. Can’t post them or I’ll get booted

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Texas is playing like they have nothing to play for. I've seen better Sunday pick up games. They absolutely look like they have not one clue what they're doing! I'm ready for a new coach, new players, new year!

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Holmes has 3 fouls and 2 points shooting 10%
    Charlie has 2 fouls and 17 pts shooting 50%

Charlie on the bench. Holmes playing.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  16. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

I wonder if CDC can get a twofer special, hiring MBB and WBB coaches?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Out of our current 34 points, 20 have come off of ISU turnovers. Same old inept half court offense against a zone.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

Why would any coach play anything but zone against this team? I don't care how good a team's man-to-man defense is, you play a zone against Texas.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

Jesus Fvcking Christ!! How many point blank shots at the rim have we missed tonight?!?!?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Ball reversal:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  21. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

With 4:22 left, we've missed 49 shots...49 shots!! How many have been layups or put-backs?!?!

22. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

I see what your saying but most teams are not as good at zone as Iowa State plus for whatever reason lots of coaches thinks it’s an insult to their players to play zone. I agree with you though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. HnH

HnH 100+ Posts

Ooh ooh ooh I love word games. Let me try:

Dismal
    Atrocious
    Listless
    Anemic
    Putrid
    Abysmal

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner: PUTRID...or perhaps HUMILIATING is more appropriate.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Karen carries herself very professionally on the sideline and during pressers. She personifies what Texas is all about.. Texas doesn't want a non-PC kind of coach like Geno or Kim. If she can win a game or two in the NCAAs CDC will extend her contract.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  26. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

If Kim was Texas’ coach we’d love her and love playing for National Championships. Instead she beats us like a drum and people think she’s awful. It’s all a matter of perspective.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  27. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

I think you underestimate Mr. Del Conte's passion for winning. He means it when he says all UT sports should consistently compete at a Top 10 level. At this point, neither Shaka nor Karen are capable of achieving that goal. Both have to go.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  28. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

Agree. If we win 20 and get in the tourney she will get another contract. CDC not gonna bring in a big name when there are literally 500 people in attendance. He’s a money guy and that money doesn’t make sense.

29. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

KA needs to resign. No more excuses. Another egg.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  30. HnH

HnH 100+ Posts

I'd like to think he also knows that attendance tends to reflect performance.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1