TX vs Baylor game 2

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by WCBBNUT, Mar 2, 2020.

1. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Thought we might enjoy an early jump on this game thread. What do you say? Do we have a chance? And, if so, what will it take?

Hook ‘em :hookem:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

No chance. Baylor is the better more talented/deeper team. They’re a very good defensive team and really good offensively. 70-48 Baylor

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I don't like our chances at all. I won't say it's impossible, but...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Slim to none, and Slim is at the airport.

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. HnH

HnH 100+ Posts

It would be a miracle. "Do you believe in miracles?"

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

With the talent we have, we absolutely should have a chance...a good chance at that. However, I don't have much faith in our coaching staff's x's and o's, in-game adjustments, strategies, etc. We absolutely could, but I don't have much faith that we will.......

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

I say we stay negative. How many times have they proven us wrong when we’ve given up hope? :smokin:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

No chance! We do not match up with them at all! I’ll say it again Lauren Cox is the best player in the nation not named Sabrina Ionescu! Plus they are way way better coached! We lost by 20 in Austin. This will be worse.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

:popcorn: Were we expected to win in Waco 4 Years ago?? Just asking for a friend...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

I was at that game. BUT.......Aston is something like 1 and 20 against Baylor so I wouldn’t get too excited!!! Again, with the talent we have, we should absolutely be able to hang with and potentially beat them.... Unfortunately, it’s never been about not having the talent!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Actually, it usually has been about having the talent. Their talent has always been anywhere from just a little bit better to quite a bit better. Tomorrow night, I give us an 8% chance. When you think about it, they do have more talent. Lauren is a steadier player and better shot than Joyner at the 4. They have two very good posts to our one. Juicy is the best three point shooter in the country, I believe, or at least I think in the Big 12. Cooper is about as solid as Sug. We don't have a good match-up for D.D. Richards at all. Moon is a stronger sub than Izzy or probably Allen-Taylor at this point, has more experience. I hate to be so blunt about it, but its just not accurate to say it is always a coaching difference, that we have equally good talent.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

BU's talent has always been better DEVELOPED than ours.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

And there you have it. We have absolutely had as much talent at times as Baylor. The current roster is very talented as well. They just DEVELOP theirs better. To say otherwise is absurd.....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

No chance. Karen wilts in Kim’s presence. Baylor is more talented and better coached - by a mile. Had tickets to this game but could not endure the beat down.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  15. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

I totally agree. IMO there was only about a two year span that you could argue that Texas had better talent and that was Brooke and Ariel’s jr and sr year. Other than that Baylor’s talent has always been better. Does that take away from the fact that Coach Aston hasn’t done a good job with player development? No, and games should’ve been a lot more competitive but the reality is that for the most part they’ve always had better players.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Yes, Kurupt. It's funny. I knew someone would come back to my stated opinion that our talent has usually not been quite as good as Baylor's with that old argument -- we have had just as good talent but not developed it. (And I knew who.) No, I just don't buy it There's no way we could have developed someone into being Kalani Brown or Britney Griner for example. You can't develop someone into Britney Griner, the extra inches, muscle power, natural shooting touch. I don't think there's any way Joyner could have been developed into Lauren Cox. Joyner, for all her strengths, is just not quite as good a player, doesn't shoot well, throws it away more. The "development" argument assumes players are a blank slate and it's completely on the coaches how good they become. It's obviously some combination of both, but natural talent is a huge part. Looking all the way back to Sheila Lambert, there was no one on the Texas bench who would have ever been able to play like Sheila at that time, even if the best developer in the world was working with them.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Because of the Corona virus, we should cancel the Baylor game tonight. Just flip a coin to declare the winner.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Well, of course, you knew who... Why? Because I stand by what I say rather cowardly fluctuating back and forth. I won't even bother to engage you any further, as you're likely to have an entirely different opinion later.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Lol kim mulkey again talking about audrey warren. It's sad to see a coach have so much negative things to say about a player.

20. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Wow, one quarter is just about enough for me. At this rate, UT will lose by 56.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

We are not competitive with the Bears, but damn they get away with extremely physical play, particularly inside.

• Agree Agree x 3
  22. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Karen sitting. She has given up. It’s over. So sad.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

It was over before the ball was tipped.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

I understand we are playing very bad but the touchy fouls baylor constantly gets and Texas is not is ridiculous. I just don't understand why we play like we never have played basketball before when baylor comes around. Texas needs more players like celeste taylor. The one's who are tough and are not going to let anyone throw them around.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

So badly want to point out substitutions but I won’t go there :whiteflag:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

You knew they we’re going to get the calls at home.

27. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Don’t matter.

28. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

Baylor sees more competition during a scrimmage. This is embarrassing - again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  29. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

Maybe because Kim is coaching constantly. While Karen sits and watches. Refs don’t fear her.

• Agree Agree x 2
  30. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Kim up coaching !!!
    Karen sitting on her *** with elbows on knees...
    Time to go to Oregon and open the check book Mr Del Conte !!!!!!
    Better yet...Go to Waco and get Kim !!!!!!!!!

• poop poop x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2020