U.S. v. Sweden

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Knoxville-Horn, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Knoxville-Horn

Knoxville-Horn 1,000+ Posts

I think it's on at 7PM y'all's time. Kind of a throw-away game with both teams bring their sub-A squads.
    I will be excited to see how Landycakes and Altidore do together. So help me God if Bradley plays the offensive version of Jeff Agoos (Taylor Twellman) a bunch of minutes tonight.
    I also want to see Edu. If y'all missed the last game he played in, he was awesome.
    I want to see Marvel Wynne in action as well. I remember thinking that he had "it" when I watched him play for the U-21's last year.
    To reiterated, Bradley damn well better approach this game as a "let's see what the youngsters can do." I don't want to see Twellman out there at all.

2. Seabrook

Seabrook 25+ Posts

I'll be watching. There's no use playing guys that aren't going to be part of the 2010 World Cup. These are the games Bradley should be looking at the young guys.

I'd like to see Holden get a look soon.

[​IMG]

3. SyracuseHorn

SyracuseHorn 500+ Posts

Noonan over Altidore to start? WTF. Bradley is an idoit.

4. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

Who is "Eddie Robinson"?

!!!!!And SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

How did he score? [​IMG]

5. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

Continuing with SPOILER ALERTS!!

I guess that Bradley isn't such an idiot. Look who assisted on the goal. [​IMG]

6. SyracuseHorn

SyracuseHorn 500+ Posts

That goal was created by a great corner from Davis. Noonan will not be a part of this squad long term, so it's silly for him to be on the pitch.

I hope we see Altidore to start the 2nd half. He needs experience before qualifying starts.

7. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

Landycakes better make this ...

8. Seabrook

Seabrook 25+ Posts

Do you not follow MLS? Eddie Robinson (Dynamo) and Michael Parkhurst (Revs) are the best center backs in the league.

It's great seeing Davis and Robinson getting a chance cause those guys are great, but never get inivited to camp.

9. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

I follow FC Dallas and the LA teams. And it is more than difficult to do that when in Argentina from March until November. [​IMG]

I don't like Houston and I don't follow Houston. [​IMG]

10. Seabrook

Seabrook 25+ Posts

They've got a great team. Maybe you should start following them. [​IMG]

11. Knoxville-Horn

My thoughts. I fell asleep in the 81st minutes so I'm not sure what happened after that...

I was excited about Brad Davis 'til I read that he's like 67 years-old. Not really. But you have to question playing a 32 year-old center back in this type of game. Maybe he could help us in qualifying but he probably won't be around for 2010. IMO, you put Marvell Wynne and Parkhurst back there. See what they can do.

Noonan? Seriously!?!? Someone needs to let Bradley know that there is no NIT tournement in the World Cup. If Noonan sees any time on the pitch during qualifying and 2010 then we're far worse off than I originally thought up top. My argument with IcyHot 2 years ago looks even worse than it did after the '06 WC. (We had a rift in 2005 about how the US was an up-and-comer while Italy was an underacieving has-been.) I was pwn3d in 2006 and, having Noonan on the pitch, is like a continuous pwning.

I like Edu and Clark. Problem is that mid-field is the one area in which the US is strong and deep. Factor in Feilhaber, Bradley, possibly Dempsey, Beasley (when healthy), Donovan, Adu, etc... We don't have room for all these guys.

Altidore did well. It's kind of like watching Vince Young in his first OU game. He didn't play well and we got destroyed; however, watching him leads to great expectations. You know he's going to tear it up in a couple of years.

Guzan played extremely well. That's to be expected. Goalies are the one thing the US gives to the futbol world in the form of class.

Now, beat the hell out of Mexico!!! Dos a cero!!!

12. Seabrook

Seabrook 25+ Posts

Brad Davis is 26 and plays left wing. If you meant Eddie Robinson, he's 29. Those two are still young enough to play in 2010. Sucks for Robinson...he never got a chance because Pope owned that spot for the last 10 years.

13. Knoxville-Horn

My bad. I must have him confused with a couple of the other older players. When I pulled up the roster before the game, I saw 3 starters with B-days in the 70's. Point being that there is really no reason, IMO, that anyone older than 31 or 32 should be playing in this game. If the game meant something and they were, in fact, better than the youngsters, then I have no problem with it. Build to the future in games like these.

14. SchertzHorn

SchertzHorn 100+ Posts

"Landycakes" played a great game!