U.S. vs. Ghana--Yo-ho-ho and spoilers for thee!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by GemStateJim, Jun 26, 2010.

1. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

SPOILER!

Ghana 1, U.S. 1--62nd minute.

Donovan equalizes with an expertly taken penalty that bounds off the right post and into the net. Kingson guesses left but it wouldn't have mattered--that shot was so perfectly taken. Holy ****. Best PK attempt I've seen from a Yank in many years.

2. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

He aimed for the post. He knew lots of people new to this were tuned in and wanted to make it dramatic! Yeah, right. My heart sank briefly then came back to the surface!!!

3. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Altidore needs more finishing instinct, I think.

4. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I am enamored by the pressure we are putting on this half.

5. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

6. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

Ah, if only Bradley the Younger realized the kind of time and space he had.

7. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

Altidore taken down in front of goal but gets away a shot that very nearly tucks inside the far post.

Should've been a PK, imo. Ghanans getting away with a lot of contact.

8. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I disagree. He actually shoved more than the Ghana player. As said on tv, sometimes called, sometimes not. I would not have called that a PK. I did not think so until the replays came about.

9. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

10. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

Nice buildup from the Black Stars there. Dangerous cross into the box that DeMerit cleared away.

11. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

SPOILER!

U.S. 1, Ghana 1--90th minute.

And the match goes into stoppage time. At least. The indication is three minutes.

EDIT: Los Liiiiiiiiiinks!

12. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Is this game our density? Will we get this done? Let's go boys!!!

13. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

14. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

McFly does.

15. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

SPOILER!!

U.S. 1, Ghana 1--End of regulation.

The soccer gods loved this matchup so much, they decided it should continue for at least another 30 minutes. That's right, folks--we're into "extra time."

For the uninitiated, that means a bonus pair of 15-minute periods. There is no "golden goal," so it's possible to score the first goal of extra time and still lose.

Should the score remain tied after extra time, penalty kicks will decide the match.

16. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

SPOILER!

Extremely even match after 90 minutes of play. The U.S. has taken 14 shots, six of which were on goal, to Ghana's 15 and five. Meanwhile, possession was split 51/49, with the slight edge to Ghana.

Herculez Gomez is the U.S.'s third and final substitute. He's on for Jozy Altidore.

17. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

And after the penatly kicks, oral sex. Wait, no, this is not Castle Anthrax, it's the World Cup. They go into golden goal time after penalty kicks if no winner steps forth.

18. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

SPOILER!

Ghana 2, U.S. 1--93rd minute.

Wonderful run and strike from Asamoah Gyan, who beat two U.S. defenders and then keeper Tim Howard.

EDIT: Corrected to give credit for that latest score to Ghana.

19. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

SPOILED

That was an amazing goal, amazing effort and well deserved. Wow. The guy almost fell down from the impact of the hit when he took the ball. He gathers his balance and composure, adjusts his stride and levels a great shot over Howard's outstretched arms. Tremendous goal for Ghana.

Can we do this...again?!!?

20. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Dude!

21. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

Gomez very nearly scores on a deflection. Corner kick coming for the U.S.

22. Bluepies

Bluepies Guest

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

23. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

24. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Hi, Bluepies.

25. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

26. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Nay I say, nay. You only got one of them before my post, sharp shooter.

27. longtex

longtex Guest

Is there any possibility that Coach Boom can put together a "soccer" defense? It couldn't be a whole lot worse than what we're looking at right now...

28. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

29. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Nooooooooo, there were two where you put us with 2 and Ghana 1. The one at the top was not corrected...nevermind, it's fixed now. I thought it would be funny if somebody did not know the score and saw that.

C'MON U.S.A.

30. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

SPOILER!

Ghana 2, U.S. 1--End of first extra time period (105th minute).

Well, our national side is down to its last 15 minutes in this World Cup unless it can come up with another miracle. They sure look tired ...