UCLA shoplifting

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by VYFan, Nov 11, 2017.

1. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Breathtakingly embarrassing

Next thing you know they’ll deface the Great Wall of China

2. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Watch how hard UCLA tries to keep them on the team and in school.

3. sbmcruise

sbmcruise 100+ Posts

These criminals embarrassed their school and country. Now they are on a airplane home with all charges dropped. UCLA is going to ack like nothing happened.

I hope the NCAA does something, but they probably won't.

• Like Like x 2
  4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I would have them sit in house arrest for 1-2 months before extracting them. Teach them a lesson.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Punks gonna punk, they should have their schollies pulled, kicked out of UCLA, and permanently banned from playing sports at any college but the NCAA has no huevos

• Like Like x 1
  6. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Rumor has it that the NCAA will ban them from South Coast Plaza, Houston Galleria, Preston Center in Dallas for starters.

:beertoast:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Looks to me like these entitled little pricks have endured a scare and a humiliation. I predict that even with the watering down of punishment these players will behave better and have more gratitude for the gifts which they are intentionally given.

The punishment in China seems harsh ... but the crime in almost unthinkable to the natives. I don't have personal experience, but a friend who traveled to China said those people don't steal. He says he only locks his hotel rooms there because other westerners are in the building.

• Like Like x 1
  8. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

They have been suspended indefinitely from the team. Alford used very strong, but vague terms in describing the suspension and the possibility of a way back to the team. We shall see.

If they return to the team this year, I will be disappointed in Alford, ucla, and the ncaa. They should get a one year suspension in my opinion.

9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Been to China 30 times. Not long ago (75 years ago) anyone caught stealing had their head removed from their body.

10. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Recidivism rates must be low there. :rolleyes1: