UConn's Delle Donne leaves

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Jun 9, 2008.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

campus after attending school for two days. Reasons vary, the USAToday quoting her as saying she needs a break and the Courant, which covers UConn sports, citing a possible conflict with other UConn players.

Hope this talented young lady finds her center and pursues what makes her happy whether or not that includes basketball. Have to wonder if she has simply burned out on basketball.

2. rosevilleblock

rosevilleblock 250+ Posts

Big shock! Not as big as when Emily Nemman left Baylor though!

3. Glad2BeBack

Glad2BeBack 100+ Posts

Interesting!
    [​IMG]

4. TXtoCO

TXtoCO 1,000+ Posts

WOW! This is a real shocker! If I am not mistaken she will not have to sit out if she wants to transfer since she had no official practice time or playing time with UCONN. One has to wonder where she will go.

Texas is always an option! [​IMG]

5. TXtoCO

TXtoCO 1,000+ Posts

I stand corrected...the article said that she would have to sit out a year. Maybe she wants to sit out a year as it sounds as if she is burned out on basketball and its pressures.

6. Black Ninja

Black Ninja 500+ Posts

I wonder what's going on with her, isn't this like the second time that she's had to take a break from basketball?

7. TXtoCO

TXtoCO 1,000+ Posts

Breaks my heart to see Geno lose the top recruit in the class of 2008... [​IMG]

8. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

I really think she is just homesick and will return to UConn for the second summer session or for the fall. I don't think she will transfer. I don't have any reason to think that, but I do.

9. BrûléeOrange

BrûléeOrange 500+ Posts

If she's prone to burning out on basketball and it's pressures, she picked the wrong college coach.

10. TXtoCO

TXtoCO 1,000+ Posts