Uh oh....

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by georgecostanza, Mar 29, 2012.

1. georgecostanza

georgecostanza NBHorn7’s Protégé

New Practice Uniforms.

You have to look at the last few pictures. They don't look that bad. I just don't want to see them on Saturdays.

2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I too hope those will never see the gameday field.

3. dheiman

dheiman 1,000+ Posts

That's ridiculous. We would look like whatever is beneath XFL/arena league football.

4. MeaHorn

MeaHorn 500+ Posts

uhh, those are frickin ugly

5. No le hace

No le hace 500+ Posts

I'll be 69 this summer, and have been a Horns fan since the 50's. I have a ticket stub from an aggie game that I paid $3 for, and sat in the end zone bleacher seats. I still remember watching Ed Hargett getting pummeled with great satisfaction.

Now, I pay up to $80 and 90 dollars for 1 ticket (and I buy 2), but if I ever see my Horns, on game day, decked out in some of that crap that keeps falling out of Seattle............ I'll be watching golf, or mowing the yard on Saturdays!

That will be the proverbial straw.

6. Aces_Full

Aces_Full 500+ Posts

That looks terrible. Thumbs down. Reverse gig 'em.

7. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Hey, What happened to the emoticon we used to have for throwing up?

8. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

I'm loving MB's expression in those pics. Mine would look the same.

9. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer 1,000+ Posts

10. georgecostanza

11. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Oh, no, they dih-n't!

Those suck. They suck.

12. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

"We're talking about practice. Not a game, not a game, not a game, we're talking about practice."

They're not bad. They're tricked up a little bit, but they have their roots in the Texas uniform we all know and love. They could be a lot worse (Oregon). I do like the Longhorn logo on the collar. I wouldn't mind seeing that added to the regular jersey.

Let them have their fun with tricked-up uniforms in practice, but let's stick with that classic look on gamedays. [​IMG]

13. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

I hope they are never worn in practice or games. [​IMG]

14. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

If they do see the field you can blame the players, because it looks like the Nike rep was asking for opinions

15. halsteadfrost

halsteadfrost 1,000+ Posts

First of all, nobody has commented on ORANGE PANTS?!

Second of all, people always say that incoming high-schoolers really like the Oregon/Maryland/TCU type uniforms. If this is the compromise Texas came up with to give them something gaudy to own but still look classy on game-day I'm all for it.

16. SewaneeHorn

SewaneeHorn 25+ Posts

You don't mess with perfection. I wish Mack would tell Nike to take their "fashion sense" and go back to Oregon.

17. PropositionJoe

PropositionJoe 2,500+ Posts

i normally have no issue with oregon esque unis.

but those are terrible. absolutely terrible.

18. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

19. Handler XIII

Handler XIII 1,000+ Posts

Those jerseys look like the ones you can buy at Walmart for $10

20. SBC Horn

SBC Horn 100+ Posts

21. RooskiHorn

RooskiHorn 25+ Posts

There's not too much of me, that is of a conservative/traditionalist slant...however, leave our uniforms alone! We don't need a gimmick! We are a class-act, and our uniforms do, and should always, reflect that!

Change for change's sake, is just wrong!

[​IMG]

22. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

It started with the black socks. We should have never allowed the black socks. Now comes the uniforms that go with the black socks.
    The black socks was the viral worm that resulted in the Boise State uniforms shown above.... Wait a minute...Bosie State uniforms??? ... Harsin!!

23. 1leggedduck

1leggedduck 1,000+ Posts

Cycling team or Australian Rules Football team, O.K.Football? No.

24. msdw24

msdw24 1,000+ Posts

If those things ever see the field the person who made that call should tar'd and feathered and be sent to collieville forever. [​IMG]
    GROSS. WHY oh WHY mess with the best uni's in all of college football? One of our colors is NOT BLACK! Yeah that's going to go over really well in early September when it's 105 outside [​IMG]

25. Trusted Insider

Trusted Insider 1,000+ Posts

Did we switch to Russell Athletic?

26. BurntOrangeGuy

BurntOrangeGuy 100+ Posts

Black socks and shoes are terrible. White shoes with Burnt orange trim. white socks with burnt orange swoosh or steer head....road and home.

27. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

28. georgecostanza

29. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

Can you imagine the onslaught to Belmont if they did one of those in a game?

30. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts