UIL delays 5A and 6A games by one month

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by mchammer, Jul 22, 2020.

1. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Don’t have dates but the title basically says it all

2. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

5A and 6A ChampionshipGames in January.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

There is not going to be an UIL season. ****, they can't even get in-person school started until Labor Day...if then. No way they have football if they can't have kids' butts in the desks full throttle. It may start, but as soon as a few cases emerge it will be shutdown. Sure, they are optimistic, as they should be; but when it gets time for the nut cutting they will pull up stakes.

4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

My daughter starts marching band camp tomorrow at 7 am. They are ready to roll.

5. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Interesting! I heard no bands, but I wonder if they are more prepping for competition season vs football season.

6. SlothHorn

SlothHorn 25+ Posts

It's going to suck anyway because high school football, IMO opinion moresoe than any other sport, has an atmosphere that can't be replicated w/ empty stands.

I do seem to recall some sort of news a few months ago about the UIL lifting bans against showing games on tv. I think it would be cool to let every school that has some semblance of an RTF dept. to let the kids film and broadcast the game. I got to announce a game once in high school and had the time of my life. Granted, it was the PowderPuff game between the Jr and Sr girls, but still. I would definitely watch streaming, high schooler-announced, football games.

7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Maybe so.