UK may vote to leave the European Union

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Mr. Deez, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

LOL -- one of the funniest headlines ever

-- I guess The Independent was pro-Bremain?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

I've told my wife this many times that thought the internet has pushed through huge technological advances it's had a rotting effect on our social fabric. Now, it gives voice to the extremes to find bandwaggoners, it allows ordinary people to post crap without considering the consequences. My father-in-law (married to a Filipino, his best friend lives in UAE and part of the Syrian ruling class) now re-shares anti-muslim rhetoric on Facebook. Everyone has lost their "filter" that was obvious were the person sitting right in front of you.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

4. texas_ex2000

texas_ex2000 2,500+ Posts

On our FX call this morning, my colleagues (esp my boss who didn't know what Alexander Hailton did), were asking about a second referendum.

The narrative by the FX desk was there was some validity to that, because after all it was "close" 52% to 48%.

Hmmm...did people think the 2012 Presidential Election (51% to 47%) was close?

5. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

hmmm......I can point out exactly what you state

Does your father-in-law also share facts about Islam?

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

No, Brexit doesn't have anything to do with Trump. Link.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Euro markets this am
    The threatened Great Depression II does not appear to be happening

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Farage as the boss

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

He said what 17 million Brits have wanted to say for years.

• Like Like x 1
  11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

12. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Deez, you have a knack for picking the one article out of 100 that is the most negative towards Trump while ignoring the other 99. Just today, there are 3 or so articles linking Trump and Brexit (in one fashion or another).

13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Of course. I understand why some make the case on the superficial level. If nobody did, then there'd be no point in French writing the article.

Also, you do understand that most of the articles linking Brexit to Trump doing so to discredit Brexit, right?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Brits got out in nick of time as globalists' evil plans for world domination are forced into the public prematurely

[​IMG]

15. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I saw this earlier today. If they actually go forward with this, then the EU is even more delusional than I thought. It might truly spell the end for them. And it might make Marine Le Pen (or her smokin' hot niece) the next President of France.

16. texas_ex2000

Qui.

17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Apparently the only ones you read. Also, is it not surprising that the establishment writers are going to write unfavorable articles. Finally, did you hear the Goldwater joke? It goes like this. " I didn't vote for Goldwater cause I don't want unlimited war in Asia and social unrest at home. "

18. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I've seen better on campus.

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Tough to draw many firm conclusions
    You may need to provide more imagery, just so we can be certain

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

@Seattle Husker , she definitely has Fraucke Petri beat.

500949978.jpg500949978.jpg photo-2-300x400.png 66033_marion-marechal_440x260.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  21. Seattle Husker

Wow...I'm in love. What political party affiliation? Nevermind...it doesn't matter.

22. texas_ex2000

She's not even trying, and she's still beautiful. If she actually tried, she could be the hottest girl on the Pom Squad.

She's also extremely intelligent and a capable debater.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That's good, because you wouldn't want to know her affiliation. Lol.

In all seriousness, she's in the Front National, which is the main right wing nationalist party in France - similar to Fraucke's Alternative für Deutschland party but probably even more confrontational.

24. Seattle Husker

I'm not averse to being converted. ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Yes, I am even willing to become lesbian
    I can do that now just by imagining it, right?

• Like Like x 2
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

LOL

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  28. Seattle Husker

This must have been fun to be a participant in the meeting.

The Leave campaign isn't starting off well already backing off campaign promises.
    [​IMG]

Think they will be putting that 350M pounds into NHS? Think again. The Leave campaign removed all their campaign promises from their site.

29. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Deez,

Great article linking Trump and Brexit.

http://www.theweek.com/articles/632380/how-brexit-shattered-progressives-dearest-illusions

It is this faith in the inevitability of progressive triumph that has led so many commentators to respond so intensely to the rise of Donald Trump. I don't mean reactions that focus on Trump's personal, temperamental shortcomings. Those are real and worthy of serious concern. I mean reactions that take the form of moral indignation and outrage — as if the very fact that millions of voters have cast ballots for a candidate who strongly opposes immigration and free trade is some kind of moral and theological betrayal, or an offense against capital-H History itself.

30. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

See article I just posted. It is NOT superficial, just the opposite. Do you just post BS thinking it will stick? Don't get me wrong, I have no strong animosity towards your positions, but your argument style is mostly BS. You make strong comments that are easily disproved.