Ukraine updates

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by OUBubba, Mar 2, 2022.

1. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I don’t want debate why or any of that stuff. I thought it reasonable to have a thread devoted to just Ukraine-Russia information/discussion.

This thread highlights the poor maintenance of the Russkies (no offense musberger).

• Like Like x 1
  2. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

Update: Colonel Cassad

From recent statements by Lavrov.

1. The operation in Ukraine will be carried through by Russia to the end.
    2. Russia's requirements are minimum.
    3. Russia will not submit to the dictates of the West<
    4. Sanctions are the price of independence.

Well, in general, no half measures.
    Well, he veiledly called the French minister who threatened to destroy Russia a rooster.

More on diplomacy.

1. Negotiations between the Russian Federation and Ukraine should take place today in Belarus. Much is not expected of them, especially in light of the inadequate statements of the Zelensky gang. The operation will not stop during negotiations.
    2. The EU stated that Ukraine's application to the EU cannot be accepted until the war is over.
    3. Poland officially refused to supply aircraft to Ukraine.
    4. The Russian Federation stops deliveries of rocket engines to the USA

Well, oil, gas, coal, wheat, etc. are growing there too. The ruble continues to go down. But here, along the entire spectrum, there is a roller coaster ahead, which is very symbolic, given the initiator of what is happening.

3. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

4. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Will the west start to stop honoring deposits in foreign currencies like they did to Iran in the 1970's? Some of these oligarchs who've made themselves quite a nest in places around the globe may see their wealth taken from them. Central control and lavish living of the top worked when it was all internal to Russia. Most of them live around the globe now. It will be interesting to follow along.

5. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

Many if not most of them are basically criminals, or at least tax evaders. Who cares if they lose everything? One of these guys owns a yacht supposedly valued at $600 M.

6. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

There are permanent changes occurring to Russia's economy. Eastern Europe and Russia have been a big source of offshore software development shops. My own firm has permanently closed offices in Belarus and Russia and offered to move those employees to other countries. This is different than our Ukraine employee moves which is being done for their safety. In Belarus and Russia we have ~800 employees that have an option of moving or leaving the company. Also talked to a neighbor that works in a game company with a large development presence in Russia. They too are closing up shop there. We're small players but this is indicative of a brain drain that will occur in those countries.

Putin is permanently setting their economies back, likely decades.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

May be a good time to buy a few thousand dollars worth of rubles.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

And Bitcoin!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

:lol:
    Bitcoin down 5.17%. Looks like a great buy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

grain, oil, and gas futures looks like a great buy. And gold and silver. And most any other commodity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Seattle Husker

12. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Be sure to at least get to the end.

13. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Gold will soar next week. If u can’t stomach Bitcoin buy Gold. Bitcoin will likely follow Gold up.

14. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Thanks man. Tell me again your investment credentials and successes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

I for one am investing in bitcoin and ethereum. You have to find a store of value other than $s. Gold. Crypto. Real estate. Whatever.

• Like Like x 1
  16. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

You haven’t found it with Bitcoin.

17. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

My Etherium is down about 45%. I think I bought it at the peak. It was just for "fun".

18. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Think in 3 years. Not 3 months. The trend is there but there is volatility. Also, I heard that ethereum specifically is about to go through a major change which should increase value, at least a jump.

• Like Like x 1
  19. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Bitcoin needs a spot ETF approved by the SEC. So far it’s only Future’s ETF’s approved. Means there is manipulation going on. Thus a longer time frame, zoom out.

20. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

I’m up 700% in under two years. That’s after a 40% + dump, since last November.

21. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Good for you. I took the 40% dump. I got a little just so I could tout my "position in bitcoin".

22. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

It looks like the floor for bitcoin is now around $40k. It has hit $60k several times. I think maybe the next jump raises the floor a bit?

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Is that anything like QueMala touting her position on Willie Brown?

• Funny Funny x 2
  24. Seattle Husker

Bitcoin/Ethereum are at the same spot they were at in Sept of 2020. I know because that's when I setup my portfolio for both. It went up by 60% which at the time @AC claimed Bitcoin was on it's way to $120k per coin. It then has dropped back down to break even and was even at a loss for a short period a month ago.

The Crypto market has shown that it's not immune to government crackdowns. Specifically, actions by the Chinese and Russian governments triggered the pull back. Crypto is 100% faith based. The only thing hold it up is the small retail investor gambling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Seattle Husker

26. Seattle Husker

Official statement from the EU that they will cut oil/gas imports from Russia by 2/3rds.

Press corner

27. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

Its double down and Mutually Assured Economic Destruction. For both sides. I'm sure Putin's countermove will be to cut off gas flow to Europe.

28. Seattle Husker

Let's be clear, the economic damage to EU will not be equivalent to Russia. As Putin/Lavrov like to say, there is a simple way to end this special financial operation by the West immediately. Russia simply needs to leave Ukraine.

• Like Like x 1
  29. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  30. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

Wimpy to gladly pay you next Tuesday for a hamburger today.

Easy to make bold promises now, for consumption by the gullible. We’ll see if any of their promises are kept in year.

For now, it accomplishes the goal of getting the heat off Germany, who’s still buying Russian oil and gas.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2022