Ukraine updates

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by OUBubba, Mar 2, 2022.

1. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

TLDR. You need to sponsor.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Thanks for sharing.

3. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

If you sponsor you get to be an *******. It's what's kept me happy.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  5. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

6. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

It is really sad that our MSM has caused so many truly wonderful people to root for a Nazi Communist regime, Ukraine! I am not rooting for Putin. Just that a peace treaty is close and the MSM is pushing for WWIII in spite of this. The above video shines a light on the direct misinformation from US mainstream media. As a father to two Russian born daughters, I am shocked and dismayed by what I read on Hornfans, and everywhere else. Just because CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, Newsmax, or NPR says this or that is going on in Ukraine. It does not make it true. They are trying to get us into a World War! We don't want that! Trust me!

In the 2021 Forbes Global 2000 list, Comcast was America's largest media conglomerate, in terms of revenue, with Paramount Global (controlled by National Amusements through supervoting shares), The Walt Disney Company, & Discovery, Inc. completing the top four.

So Comcast, Paramount Global, Walt Disney Company, Discovery, Inc control global media. Paramount Global is for sale, rumor is Walt Disney may merge with them and own them. Not sure.

The above video is an INDEPENDENT journalist. He's in Ukraine. He says MSM is 98% lies about Ukraine! Why are we ignoring videos (I have sent several) of what Ukrainians say is going on or this guy. But we're believing MSM 100%?
    Think I will leave Hornfans now. I am out!

7. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Russia has a history of punishing population's who don't surrender. Grozny, Georgia, Allepo. This is no different. Why do you not see the video of Russian tanks hitting apartment buildings or Russian fighters shooting live rounds at a nuclear reactor?

8. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

AC
    Don't leave over one albeit very important issue.
    Many of us are concerned for the Ukrainian people but recognize Zelensky is not the superman hero MSM seems to want to portray him.

9. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

[​IMG]
    Last post.

10. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

He’s human and a former entertainer. He’s unified his people. I don’t think anyone thinks he’s walking on water or hanging with lepers. Sadly, he’s a dead man walking.

11. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I’m definitely for a peace treaty and an end to the war.

The lingering question is: peace on whose terms…?

12. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

31 medical facilities have been targeted. That’s right out of the Syrian playbook. So is that Ukrainians doing that?

• Like Like x 1
  13. TaylorTRoom

TaylorTRoom 1,000+ Posts

Russia has few options on the ground. They lack the capability for fast, strategic strikes. They’re mired, by poor training and support, from a long grind it out offensive. All they have left is ratcheting up the brutality “see what you made me do! This is your fault!”

Of course, all of this is hurting them in the other long term conflict- economic and diplomatic relationships.

14. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

Russia is patiently squeezing Ukraine at some cost. The other option is to destroy the infrastructure, cut off electricity and water, and kill thousands of civilians not allowed to leave by Zalensky’s goons. Hopefully the second option won’t be utilized. For people like Taylor and Bubba (and they most likely represent what most people believe) the Russians are nearly out of fuel, about to mutiny, and taking on enormous losses. It’s all bs. It’s about as factual as Hunter Biden’s computer being planted by Putin.

15. TaylorTRoom

TaylorTRoom 1,000+ Posts

Are Musburger’s mashups of Russian propaganda and non sequitirs working for anyone?

16. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

Taylor, care to predict when Russia surrenders and Zelensky declares victory?

17. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I do think they have significant supply issues. They might have some motivation issues. They are taking losses. They're only enormous when compared to the expected losses to me, you, everyone, and surely Putin. They will still take over Ukraine unless there's a workout of terms. They have SIGNIFICANTLY damaged their standing on the world stage and it will take generations to repair the damage.

18. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Bubba
    You think Russia damaged their world standing?

19. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

Taylor, care to predict when Russia surrenders and Zelensky declares victory?
    On the contrary, they have DIVIDED the world stage into pro USA and anti-hegemony. The “strong horse” is where you hitch your wagon. NATO was unable to counter the invasion so the only weapon is financial and half the world chooses not to play. That’s the big story.

20. TaylorTRoom

TaylorTRoom 1,000+ Posts

Of course they did. I only know of my industry- aerospace. Boeing had a design center in Moscow, taking advantage of lower cost Russian engineers. They have now closed it, and I can’t imagine when it will reopen. Nobody is betting on Russia liberalizing now.

21. TaylorTRoom

TaylorTRoom 1,000+ Posts

See, Mus, this is where your over reliance on Russia Tiday gets you. This war started with Russian aggression. Ukraine doesn’t need for Russia to surrender in order to win. Russia needs Ukraine to surrender in order to win.

22. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

Wrong again with your revisionism. The invasion was several years in the making. Several experts years ago warned expansionist policy would lead to Ukraine’s destruction. They were ignored in favor of American Exceptionalism. This didn’t begin on February 24th.

23. TaylorTRoom

TaylorTRoom 1,000+ Posts

Musburger- real, innocent people are being slaughtered. Children, even. They were not killed by NATO expansion or missteps by the west. They were (and are being) killed by bullets and bombs fired by the Russian army, at the order of Putin.

This is real world, real life stuff. Your adherence to Russian apologetics is disgusting and insulting.

24. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Maybe. Let's see how this plays out. Russia is about to be the Gimp and Xi is about to be Zed. [​IMG]

While I take your point about anti-hegemony. I hope you had your toes crossed as you typed that to critique the US as Russia is bombing hospitals and apartment buildings of a sovereign.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

Where was your grief when we did the same to the Middle East? Or for the past eight years when Ukraine bombed civilians? Oh yeah. That was acceptable since it was advancing democracy.

26. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Companies are pulling out of Russia and leaving investmetns
    I think collateral damage is different than targeting. Like, you know, significantly.

27. TaylorTRoom

TaylorTRoom 1,000+ Posts

That’s what you have? If one country kills an innocent person, nobody can ever criticize another nation for killing any number of innocent people? Does that make any sense to you? Does the existence of Japanese American internment camps in the US mean we can’t criticize concentration camps elsewhere (never mind that they were protested at the time and undone through a legal process, and reparations finally paid)?

Where was my grief? It was in my heart. Yes, the US did kill innocent people in the ME wars, even though doing so was never a goal (tactically or strategically). The US has a system to address such incidents, and even though payments to survivors in no way even things or absolve our corporate guilt, they do serve to acknowledge we did wrong.

If you can’t discern a difference between that and Russia targeting civilian populations, then you are too lost in your mastubatory fantasies about Putin to be reclaimed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

For musb: [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  29. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

. Now that you’ve shared your horror over past sins, how do you feel about soldiers holding civilians as hostages in order to protect the military? Or is that the cost of freedom?

30. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

What's that old saying? You're known by the company you keep. Who all is in the pro-Russian camp?