unexcusable effort

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by zinger, Oct 27, 2012.

1. zinger

zinger 250+ Posts

Cobbs/Phillips don't have a clue about tackling. How do they stay on the field? Just once i'd like to see them getting their asses chewed out by somebody. This is getting out of hand.

2. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

Fully agree. Take them off the field! Who could be worse than 7, and 17

3. sandypoley

sandypoley 100+ Posts

Wow! Texas defense - Suck City.
    Why do our tacklers insist on grabbing for the shoullder area? [​IMG]

4. Hornmud

Hornmud 25+ Posts

Can anyone on thos team tackle. They are getting worse instead of better.

[​IMG]

5. longhornfreak

longhornfreak < 25 Posts

Manny said his chart disagrees with you.

6. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

There is no Horns effort.

7. Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell 1,000+ Posts

Softest Horn team that I've ever seen.

And this isn't the game-planning I thought we were getting with Harsin either.

8. I_Live_In_OK

I_Live_In_OK 500+ Posts

The sad thing is that this is a fairly important game for UT, and the coaches have instilled zero motivation to the players. They're 5-2, and there's a lot of football left to play.

It's like Mack expected to arrive in Lawrence with no gameplan and win by 40 just because, hey, it's Kansas, they're supposed to be dreadful.

Had UT come out with a strong effort and blow out KU, it probably would build some important momentum for some tough games in the coming weeks.

Moreover, we all joked about UT achieving bowl eligibility, but this KU road game suddenly carries serious implications in that area as well.

9. Trusted Insider

Trusted Insider 1,000+ Posts

unexcusable and upalling.

10. Horn_in_Toronto

Horn_in_Toronto 250+ Posts

But look at the bright side. We will all get to see Mack tell everyone how is job is safe and he has the support of the Big donor alumni!

11. zinger

zinger 250+ Posts

Hate to say it, but after Ash's interceptions and missthrows on real short passes i'm ready for McCoy.

12. I_Live_In_OK

I_Live_In_OK 500+ Posts

13. TexasRx

TexasRx 500+ Posts

This defense is inbelievably bad. I too am uphauled.

14. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Even my wife says Cobbs is really bad.

15. utempire

utempire 1,000+ Posts

You can't make players want to tackle and most of the secondary waits for someone else to make the tackle. There is no gang tackling and when they do decide to do it they do it half ***. These coaches are letting this happen by keeping on playing these guys and not chewing them out for some reason. Something needs to happen fast like making players accountable. Come on coaches, earn your money.

16. Hookem123

Hookem123 1,000+ Posts

Nothing is inexcusable for Mack, or unforgivable. He trot David Ash out next week like nothing ever happened. Wouldn't want to hurt his feelings or anything.

17. 1918Speedway

1918Speedway 250+ Posts

Two weeks of unsatisfying wins. It's like being on a diet.

18. duff_man

duff_man 250+ Posts

Did Cobbs decide to give up football after HS? He was a highly rated recruit out of OK that Stoops back off for obvious reasons.

19. arieshorn

arieshorn 1,000+ Posts

20. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

21. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

My statement during the game when Phillips looked like completely inept in his so-called attempted tackle..."Phillips shouldn't just be benched, he has no business playing D-1 college football anywhere". I can't believe the level of play I have seen from him from the safety position all season. Relatively speaking, that is one of the easier positions to learn on the def...especially playing the damn run.

How can they review the play-by-play in the film room and see that and accept it, or think they can teach it out of him. The guy is not starting caliber...period! Find someone else, anyone who can deliver a better product. There has to be somebody on the team that can play it more effectively or swap positions to do so.

22. dgee

dgee < 25 Posts