**UPDATE #2** My house was broken into today

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by El_Oso, Jan 10, 2008.

1. El_Oso

El_Oso 500+ Posts

UPDATE #2: Well, come to find out today that they caught the guy who took my stuff (Hooray for the Mesquite Police Dept.). He had turned more of my stuff in at a couple of other pawn shops and I identified it over the weekend. About the only thing I haven't seen yet are my son's golf clubs (bastard!).

The guy got busted living in a motel room off of Hiway 80 (surprise, surprise!). The great thing is that underneath the bed in the room the cops recovered the case containing a bunch of my important papers and it hadn't been opened so I am getting all of that back too. After getting busted the guy admitted to breaking into my house and a couple of others in the area.

Good ending here. The only pain in the *** left from all fo this is that I have to go through a property hearing in court to I my stuff to get it back from the pawn shops without paying the pawn shops to get it back. Kind of a stupid formality, but what the hell, it's too cold to play golf rigth now anyway.

UPDATE: Mark one down for the good guys! It's 12:30pm. Just got a call from the detective and a bunch of the stuff has turned up at two pawn shops in the area. For sure they have my golf clubs, digital camera, some of the jewelry, and the home theatre tuner. I'll be going to those places and identifying my **** this afternoon.

Sons of ******* *************! Came into the house through the garage side door from the back yard and into the house.

The only fortunate things about the whole deal was these were dummys or kids AND no one was home (i.e. my wife and son). They took the following

Tuner to the home theatre system, but not the speakers or subwoofer
    Digital camera
    Camcorder
    35mm camera
    A cordless phone (for crying out loud)
    A case with some important papers (miltary docs, marriage license, birth certificates, etc), some of this hurt for the sentimental value
    MY golf clubs
    My SON'S golf clubs
    And some jewelry, but a funny note about this in a awhile

Here's what they DID NOT take:

None of the three bikes in the garage (no, they don't have names)
    Neither of the two television sets
    This PC from which I am typing this post
    DVD player in the front living room
    My guitar (they decided against taking it because I found it in the garage
    Ckeckbooks or checks
    The NICE jewelry - meaning that these guys were too stupid to open up the top and sides of the jewelry armoire. The only opened the little drawers and got a bunch of cheap stuff, while had they opened the top or sides they would have had handfuls of gold and watches...
    Electric piano

The ******** also went trhough the drawers and cabinets looking for, I suppose, money and scattered clothes everywhere, bu tthey didn't touch the hunting knife I keep in the drawer, nor did they touch any of the extra sets of car keys.

I tell you, these guys are small time who go around looking for their next trade at a pawn shop. All they took was stuff that can be easily sold at pawn shops.

I am going to go on a asearch of pawnshops in thsi area this weekend.

Wish Me luck [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. hitbyatrain

hitbyatrain 250+ Posts

This wouldn't have happened if you had left your doors unlocked.

3. TheTresLeches

TheTresLeches 250+ Posts

Or lived in Hyde Park.

4. Truck's Son

Truck's Son 500+ Posts

5. i hope the thieves get hit by a semi while trying to cross 35 on their way to top cash pawn.

6. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

You gotta be proactive with this.

Or take the Joe Horn approach and don't let the thieves even get that far.

7. GHoward

GHoward 2,500+ Posts

OR go minimalist and not have nice stuff.

8. midtown

midtown 1,000+ Posts

Get a dog. I am actually looking forward to someone breaking into my house so I can come home and find my GSD gnawing on his throat.

9. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

10. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

According to a TV news report, four guys tried to kick this womans door down after spending 3 hours trying to break into her home while she was in it.

The Link

She has quite the surveillance system. She might have installed it after a prior incident three weeks before where "four men stormed into her home through the front door."

11. pmg

pmg 1,000+ Posts

THe last time I was burgled they took my Betamax. I was pissed, but somewhat mollified by the thought of them bringing that to the pawn shop. "Five bucks?!? Whaddya mean five bucks? It's a Sony!!"

"Dude, it's a Betamax."

12. Bevo5

Bevo5 1,000+ Posts

I miss PO1D

13. spystud13

spystud13 250+ Posts

14. Longhorny630

Longhorny630 1,000+ Posts

some idiots broke into my jeep my freshman year when it was parked in brazos garage. they looked through the glove box/center console, didnt find anything, so they took the most expensive item outside of the car itself, my passenger side door! nothing else. lucky for me the insurance company paid me $2k since they thought id have to buy 2 all new doors, but I just found one at a junk yard, repainted it, and ended up profiting $1k.

nothing ever turned up in the pawn shops, guess there isnt much of a market for car doors on the streets.

15. OrangeBlooded

OrangeBlooded 500+ Posts

16. midtown

midtown 1,000+ Posts

17. shotgun427

shotgun427 250+ Posts

Good to hear that!

18. Kerbouchard

Kerbouchard 100+ Posts

Growing up I'd hear of someone buying something real cheap because it was stolen and I thought it was funny or didn't think about it at all. But then when I went away to college I had my house broken into twice (as most I was a poor college kid working a 3-midnight job). I lost all my guns, knives, and fishing equipment (at least I was too poor to have any electronics). Since that day, I despise a thief with a passion.

19. Ankf00

Ankf00 250+ Posts

20. EuroHorn

EuroHorn 2,500+ Posts

21. Praise of Folly

Praise of Folly 100+ Posts

Sorry to hear about your loss.

22. Jive_Turkey

Jive_Turkey 1,000+ Posts

Could have been worse. They could have stolen your BBQ.

[​IMG]

Glad you found your self at a pawn shop.

23. atxbaby

atxbaby 250+ Posts

24. El_Oso

El_Oso 500+ Posts

25. good. i hope he gets a good beating.

26. bluto

bluto 500+ Posts

mesqutie... 972 THATS HIS AREA CODE ITS HIS WAY OF SHOWING LOVE TO THE FOLKS BACK HOME

on a serious note, mesquite went from being good ole boy to white trash/red neck to ROUGH on a pretty steep slope. kinda chuckle about those people that think they are 'getting away' by moving to the explosive developments in sunnyvale only to realize they are a whole Belt Line Road away from the areas they were trying to 'escape.'

27. bradford702

bradford702 100+ Posts

If you are really pleased with the detective take the time to drop a letter in the mail to the chief. Though finding your stuff in a pawn shop is not hard, getting him to confess is a different story. It takes a little longer than the 10 minutes they show on TV.

28. gsoda3

gsoda3 250+ Posts

awesome. having relatives in the force i too suggest writing a quick letter of commendation.

29. El_Oso

El_Oso 500+ Posts

Hey thanks for the idea of writing a letter. [​IMG]