UPDATE: I'm 36 and I just found out who my dad is

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by ctrl+alt+del, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Cwaghorns

Cwaghorns 25+ Posts

I'm really happy for you, but selfishly I want the story to keep going.

2. hookem2102

hookem2102 250+ Posts

What a great story. Congrats.

3. Sangre Orange

Sangre Orange 25+ Posts

att'a boy. Congrats man.

I'm happy for you and a little jealous too.

4. LittleIdahornski

LittleIdahornski < 25 Posts

Another vote for Classics.

Thanks for sharing! [​IMG]

5. LordHornAustin

LordHornAustin 100+ Posts

F'n awesome. Way to go!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Mrmyke709

Mrmyke709 1,000+ Posts

I love a happy ending.

7. dahorns

dahorns 250+ Posts

wow, what a great continuation of your life C+A+D, congrats to you and your "new" family! [​IMG]

8. stockjock

stockjock 250+ Posts

9. Longhorn Al

Longhorn Al 500+ Posts

Congrats, man.

10. TahoeHorn

TahoeHorn 1,000+ Posts

Congratulations.

11. NBMisha

NBMisha 500+ Posts

Sacramento celebrates! [​IMG]

12. MTF

MTF 1,000+ Posts

Amazing thread! Congrats!

13. tumbleweed farm

tumbleweed farm 25+ Posts

14. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

I've been away for a while so I haven't had an opportunity to check in on this thread. When I was reading your update, well ... I am not ashamed to say that I too teared up. What a great story! I totally got a mental picture of you and your wife when the call came in. So glad to hear that it turned out well for you!

Would love for you to keep us updated on how it continues! Congrats and hope things continue to be how you want them to be ... [​IMG]

15. FawltyTowers

FawltyTowers 25+ Posts

5 stars and a vote for Classics [​IMG]

16. veggieboy

veggieboy 500+ Posts

I can't believe I lost track of this thread.

reboot, I don't know you past your posts on this board, but I am so damn happy for you right now I can't stand it. This is truly an amazing story and I appreciate you being open enough to share it with us.

Count me as one of the people who "teared up" when you said he broke down immediately.

f-ing allsome...

17. NCAAFBALLROX

NCAAFBALLROX 1,000+ Posts

Curious, reboot... did you ask any U$C forums for their advice or was this the kind of thing you could only find the right answer for from Longhorns?

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. Good question!

I too had lost track of this, been busy and stuff. Thisis sooo awesome. Now we are going to want details of the visit. It is so cool what you are doing for your stepdad who you love and think of as a father as well.

I told my grandmothers husband at the time that he was and will always be my Grandpa and nothing could change it. I preferred him so much more than my birth grandfather who is a sack of crap.

19. BrûléeOrange

BrûléeOrange 500+ Posts

Both my maternal and paternal grandparents were divorced and re-married before I was born, so I basically had 4 sets of grandparents (I also knew my great-great Grandfather who passed away when I was a third-grader and had a set of Great Grandparents until early adulthood). Loved all of them. A kid just can't have too many Grandparents in my book. Baby Reboot is a lucky boy.

20. Staley

Staley 100+ Posts

Great story. I'd love to hear more.

21. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Can't believe it, but I hadn't checked for developments in a few days! Way to go, ctrl+alt+del. Glad the certified letter didn't overly alarm your dad, and that he responded.
    Great story. Just be sure you reassure your stepfather that he is still has the love of your family that he always had and deserved. He could be feeling a little deserted by all this.

22. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del 500+ Posts

Well, I am meeting him on Friday. Instead of flying home to Houston from Winnipeg like I do every Thursday, I will instead fly to Columbus where I will meet up with Mrs. Reboot and our baby boy who are flying in from Hobby at the same time. We will spend Thrusday evening at my cousin's house east of Columbus and early Friday, we drive 2 1/2 hours northwest to meet my father. We plan on spending the entire day Friday with him, spending the night, and then about noon-ish on Saturday, we will head out to visit some other family I haven't seen in awhile. We will see him again Sunday morning but then I have to take Mrs. Reboot and our son back to Columbus to fly home. I will be staying until Thursday, so that should be a pretty good visit. I am not nervous at all, in fact I am excited as hell.

23. PacSER

PacSER 500+ Posts

24. DigglerontheHoof

DigglerontheHoof 1,000+ Posts

I'm fairly sure this is the coolest thread I've ever seen on Quacks...thanks for sharing and I hope the visit goes great!

[​IMG]

25. tropheus

tropheus 1,000+ Posts

I love it when people respond to life well. I teared up, and I wish the best for you and your father and step-dad.

Anastasis is correct, this should be in Quack's classics, if there were such a thing.

26. Horn_Spanker

Horn_Spanker 250+ Posts

Half of my family is in the 419 area code! Guess I better call and see if anyone got a certified letter recently!

27. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

make sure and cook him some Blue Cheese & Jalapeño Burgers! [​IMG]

28. Spankytoes

Spankytoes 100+ Posts

29. evil horn

evil horn 100+ Posts

clicked on this thread for the first time. what a great read. congrats to you and all of your family. can't wait to hear more.

[​IMG]

30. Xminus6

Xminus6 500+ Posts

congrats cad. so glad to hear it's working out great. fantastic story that's only going to get better. [​IMG]