**UPDATED** my friend got mugged last night

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by gardere_owns_OU, Jan 13, 2008.

1. and i'm posting this for the chance that any of y'all might have seen something.

there is a huge suprise to this.

this happened in a AUSTIN, TEXAS cab and the cab driver was behind this. a taxi. a cab. someone who drives you around the city.

with a gun put to his chest he was taken over to the east side of 35 on Riverside, where his wallet, ID, money, cards, keys, and everything were stolen.

it wasn't smart, but when you feel threatened he made an attempt to wrestle the guy out of the car and gun out of his hand, but 2 other guys came up and stomped on his face and head. he was left bleeding on the side of the road as the 'cab' drove off with the guys, and everything he had on him.

if you think you saw anything let me know.

i can't get a hold of him right now because he has no phone and it's the only way to get a hold of him. this was a bulletin he posted on myspace and i wanna help him figure this out. i have no idea about a police report or what cab company but i will definitely find out which taxi service

2. JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze 100+ Posts

It wasn't me, was it?

Gosh, I hope not.

3. halsteadfrost

halsteadfrost 1,000+ Posts

Lets hope the perpetrator isn't a student athlete...

4. hot to trot

hot to trot < 25 Posts

anybody know where ramonce was last night?

5. Lonestarman

Lonestarman 100+ Posts

6. hitbyatrain

hitbyatrain 250+ Posts

That sucks, dude.

7. Captain Murphy

Captain Murphy 250+ Posts

8. lowery21

lowery21 250+ Posts

hoping all is well goo.

9. flaco

flaco 500+ Posts

Remind me to not be GOO's friend. Seems like bad things are always happening to them.

10. you don't want to be friends?

[​IMG]

11. flaco

flaco 500+ Posts

I don't want to die.

12. [​IMG]

he is doing well. just some scrapes and bruises. he is lucky.

13. Mrmyke709

Mrmyke709 1,000+ Posts

He's lucky he's not on a slab. Money's not worth losing your life.

14. kangsta

kangsta 500+ Posts

Sounds like a stolen cab

15. shotgun427

shotgun427 250+ Posts

Wow, dude, that sucks. There's just simply nothing you can do about this. This needs to be all over the news. Have they been contacted?

16. Lonestarman

Lonestarman 100+ Posts

I agree with Kangsta. Probably a stolen cab. The shocking thing is that getting a safe ride home is not supposed to be a dangerous thing.

17. Bevoette

Bevoette 1,000+ Posts

Hey GOO ! I'll be your friend !

That really sucks ! that's so freakin scary.. I am just glad he's okay..it's just best to give up the goods and the cash cause your life is worth a lot more.

18. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz 2,500+ Posts

A friend of mine and a couple of his buddies were kidnapped in Mexico City by a fake cab driver and an accomplice. They were driven to the outskirts of town, where one victim decided they were about to be executed, so he tried to grab the assailants' gun. He ended up taking a bullet in his gut. Fortunately, a US Navy doctor lived in the area, heard the commotion, and ended up saving his life.

My friend is a senior editor at Texas Monthly, and wrote an article about the incident a few years ago. I bet you can find it in their archives. Scary stuff.

19. CavalierHorn

CavalierHorn 25+ Posts

man that sucks, hope that he's ok