Urban Meyer put on paid leave

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Joe Fan, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

ZING!!!!!

2. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:Sure am glad that I purchased the all all you can eat popcorn for this long movie.:hookem:

• Like Like x 3
  3. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

When we attended the OSU game in Columbus in 2005, my wife was looking very sexy, as usual. As we walked around she was constantly getting catcalls...from the women! Columbus represented a new low for us.

Those lowlifes don’t care about anything but winning and I genuinely believe that many of the faithful would not hesitate to throw a wife, sister or even a daughter under the bus — as in look the other way if they were aware of abuse — if it meant keeping a winning coach.

4. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Well, I sure hope Herman is telling the absolute truth because we know somebody is going to dig. The motive exists: Meyer ridiculed Herman publicly and we lost Wilson to Ohio State. Some people might think Herman has an axe to grind. We know college football is a ruthless environment. Is Herman mature enough to let these types of things roll off his back and keep working?

• Like Like x 1
  5. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

If Michelle spoke to the woman, we might find out.

If Herman spoke to the reporter, and he and the reporter deny it, there's no way anyone will know.

6. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Michelle denied being the source as well on her twitter account, to great ridicule from Ohio state fans, Aggy fans, UH fans. Fan responses are truly embarrassing. And some others I will just leave it at that

7. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Well, even if Herman tipped someone off, it doesn't change the facts whatever they may be. I don't expect Herman to not be a rat if that's what he is. It doesn't matter because everybody is negative recruiting. So big shock there. But I just hope he doesn't get caught lying about it because that's when being a rat gets messy.

• Like Like x 1
  8. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Yep. Walking back to the Hornfans bar on High Street after the game with a bunch of Longhorns, a car load of of tOSU girls stopped and yelled, "Fu%(#!@* whores!!" at the Longhorn women in the group. Class acts.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

10. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

What I find interesting is the assertion that Herman and/or wife provided some measure of financial support a little over a year ago. With that little truthbomb, I could buy into TOM Herman not being the source of the leak but that another member of the Herman household was involved...

• Like Like x 1
  11. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

A lot of class, all of it low. Suspect these tOSU "women" were ugly, wearing dirty jeans and wearing plaid flannel shirts...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

This kid gets it ...

• Like Like x 1
  13. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Let me throw some scenarios out there:

“Herman tips off the media.”

For argument’s sake, let’s say that he did. Is that an issue? I don’t see it. Should he have gone to Meyer instead? Well, if UM knew about the issue and was not addressing it, what good would it have been for Herman to go to UM? None.

Should Herman have gone to the OSU administration if he knew? If Meyer had not informed them, Herman making that contact would have been a mess because “everyone” would complain that he (Herman) should have gone to Meyer. But he couldn’t. See above.

Is there a problem providing financal aid to Courtney Smith? I don’t see it. The Hermans can do whatever they want with their money, including helping a friend of Michelle’s.

Should the Hermans have gone to Perrin (or Del Conte) with the information they (may have) possessed? That would have opened up a can of worms for the University of Texas. So I say, probably not. But what a dilemma.

Was Michelle the source of the tip? Perhaps. If so, I have no problem with it. She may have saved a life...

I’m not seeing any culpability regardless of what the Hermans did or didn’t do. In fact, if they did get involved, discounting the politics of the situation, they probably did the right thing. Meyer apparently didn’t.

It’s spin city and Defcon 1 coverup mode in Columbus, and blaming Herman is a just a diversion. But then again, they need all the diversions they can create.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  14. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

If TH stays clean for the next ten years, something I don’t think Aggie or SEC can accomplish, Texas will rise to the top. He does have Mack now in the building to help him.

15. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

I'm not sure why people continue to post comments on "social" media sites like that. There's usually not anything social about them....

16. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

For some reason, I think it would be awesome for Urban Meyer to respond to the allegations with the speech from Animal House where the Deltas are on trial.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

From the tweet above “In March of 2017, my wife assisted her friend Courtney Smith during a time of financial need. We have not provided any financial assistance since then.“

I am not sure what is going on anymore (other than that I am pretty sure no one still has properly investigated or verified anything), but I really would have preferred our coach not to be involved in this mess at all.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  18. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

I think that makes Zach look even worse; a friend (Michelle) gave Courtney money to help her and daughter get by. Attaboy, Zach!

Not sure why Shelley is off the hook and Michelle is the bad "guy".

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  19. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

What would be the reason the original reporter would deny Herman told him?

But this distraction appears to be working since many of the talking sports heads are all over this and ignoring the actual story.

20. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I could see how it would be harder to manage information on the wives' side.

Managing information between Tom Herman and a reporter is very easy.

If Michelle Herman shared information, I can see how it creates social media drama. Doesn't make her a bad guy.

21. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

22. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

If Herman was the source, the only problem I have with that is that it means he lied about being the source.
    Of course, that pales in comparison to Urban Meyer lying till he was blue in the face about having any knowledge of the abuse, which is a much more serious issue. Urban Meyer's deflecting, and throwing rocks in his glass house at the same time.

23. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Except there wasn't any abuse to have lied about.

24. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

Wow....that whole family sounds pretty f***’dup!!! Hollywood Houswives have nothing on this group. I pray that Herman is just an innocent bystander is this drama. Connecting him to this selacios story really seems like a major stretch. As the world turns....

• Like Like x 1
  25. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

:popcorn:

Hmmm, so what caliber of mother “publicly” throws her daughter under the bus? And why is she estranged from her daughter? Then again, like mother like daughter? Seems like a whole bunch of sick folks.

It’s just hard for me to believe that Zach Smith is the victim here, but according to the OSU spin, he must be.

• Like Like x 1
  26. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

There's lots of high-profile family dysfunction out there. Look at Megan Markle's family. Then this story came out today:

Congressman's son rips him for 'ruining' FBI agent's career

"The son of a powerful Republican congressman lambasted his father on Twitter on Monday for "ruining" the career of a recently fired FBI agent who had sent anti-Trump text messages during the Russia investigation.

The son of U.S. Rep. Bob Goodlatte also began soliciting campaign donations on Sunday for the Democrat who is running to replace his father, who is retiring. The Democratic campaign said more than $25,000 had flowed in from across the country in less than 24 hours.

The elder Goodlatte, who chairs the House Judiciary Committee, is leaving his seat in western Virginia after 13 terms. His son Bobby Goodlatte was an early designer at Facebook and is based in the San Francisco area.

"I'm deeply embarrassed that Peter Strzok's career was ruined by my father's political grandstanding," the younger Goodlatte wrote on Twitter on Monday. "That committee hearing was a low point for Congress. Thank you for your service sir. You are a patriot."

27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Strangely it starts to make sense. In short, no one wants to be first to call the wife bat **** crazy (other than the mom).

28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Sheer expediency, nothing more.

29. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Concerning Courtney's mother:

"As far as her own texts she supposedly sent to Zach Smith in 2015, which McMurphy published, she said she doesn’t remember sending them. “If they are real, and they do exist, I cannot honestly remember it,” she said. “If I did it, and I am not sure I did it, I think I told (Zach) not to touch her and the arguing has got to stop … something just so those two would stop fighting and stop arguing. I just wanted peace in their relationship, for the kids’ sake.”

Yeah, she can't remember. But she is sure about how close Michelle is with Courtney (though it's long distance) and all the other "facts."

30. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I have absolutely NO problem with what is being reported that Michelle Herman did for that woman. NONE. No drama.

Those situations are
    This is true.

I believe there is a bunch of unhealthy in that family.

I'm glad our coach has a family that helps others. Even if the others are messed up.