Urgent: principal of Austin High TOTALLY EVIL

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by CleverNickname, Jan 26, 2008.

1. CleverNickname

CleverNickname 500+ Posts

The Link

2. tropheus

tropheus 1,000+ Posts

if parents are like that, then I will have zero friends when my kids enter school. screw that, my allegiance and loyalty is to those who are trying to help my kids. If Mrs. teacher says my son is a hooligan, he's guilty until she's proven crazy. It sure as **** ain't the other way around.

3. Gardner Barnes

Gardner Barnes 250+ Posts

I read in the paper this morning that one of the parents bitching to the AAS/AISD does NOT EVEN HAVE KIDS AT THE SCHOOL. His kids have graduated.

jeez....

4. bozo_casanova

bozo_casanova 2,500+ Posts

What a bastard.
    The next thing you know he'll randomly assign lockers to prevent kids from becoming socially stratified on the basis of something as meaningful as what floor their locker is on.

5. GHoward

GHoward 2,500+ Posts

6. shotgun427

shotgun427 250+ Posts

7. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

because they vandalized the school to the tune of $1200. I don't have a dolg in the fight. Hell, I don't even know what the fight is, but if your going to add context to an argument it should be complete.

Yes, he is clearly the devil for holding students accountable and reminding the kids and parents that they are at a learning institution and not at a social function. I can't tell if the students or the parents are the children.

8. Huckleberry

Huckleberry 1,000+ Posts

9. Fried JJ Pickles

Fried JJ Pickles 1,000+ Posts

10. S197HQQKEM

S197HQQKEM 500+ Posts

11. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

Seems to me that the assclown was too lazy (or stupid) to find out who actually did the damage and obtain restitution from said perps and just pilfered the Senior funds in a fit of pique. An act of an incompetent tyrant if you ask me.

did in the senior's raise the money under the school's name? Did anyone assist in turning in the perps? (you know the kids in school know who did it). He is not the police. he may be an *** but at least he is teaching the kids a lesson in accountability, something the parents are not doing obviously.

12. Mike_Tyson

Mike_Tyson 500+ Posts

You know how you combat "Stop snitching"? You do what that principal did. You hold the cash until the people who do it either come forward or are dimed out. You think you can put one over on Mike Tyson? You think I'm done...sheeeeeiiiiiiiiiit.

13. Used2btexaslover

Used2btexaslover 250+ Posts

Those parents sound miserable.

14. HornsHornsHorns

HornsHornsHorns 500+ Posts

Accountability is a concept lost on most. I'm glad at least one person is still aware of the concept.

15. HornsOverIthaca

HornsOverIthaca 250+ Posts

16. Beamwalker

Beamwalker 250+ Posts

f**k this guy. And I don't have any relation whatsoever to this. But f**k this guy.

17. Mr.Wizard

Mr.Wizard 1,000+ Posts

So, some busy-body parents are upset that this guy is doing his job?

Funny stuff.

18. SubliminalHorn

SubliminalHorn 500+ Posts

19. TheTresLeches

TheTresLeches 250+ Posts

This sounds about right to me.

"Leyla Cohlmia, who has taught science for 31 years, said Hudson is supportive and provides the instructional information to help teachers be successful in the classroom. She said she calls the complaints against the principal "petty."

"Sometimes people who are privileged believe they should be able to determine how life goes for them and don't want to be subjected to anybody else's decision-making for them or their kids," Hudson said. "I think we have a situation like that, but I'm every kid's principal - not just for a group of people."
    The Link

20. Huckleberry

Huckleberry 1,000+ Posts

Before that last post I hadn't commented on the real issue at hand because I didn't have enough information to feel educated on the topic.

But that article gives weight to both sides. On the one hand you have the fact that very similar complaints were made about Hudson at his previous school in Connecticut. When two independent groups of people have the same issues with an individual, it begins to look like the individual is at fault. There's one thing both situations have in common, and that's Principal Hudson.

On the other hand you have Ms. Cohlmia's comments. Ms. Cohlmia is a great teacher that is known for not taking any grief from her students and expecting their best. But she has managed to cultivate that reputation over her career without the oft-associated reputation as a "mean" teacher. She is simply respected by her students and former students.

So basically now I'm only more confused. But I will say that Ms. Cohlmia's comment could very well be out of place. The article doesn't specify whether she believes the teacher complaints to be petty, the student complaints, the parent complaints, or all of them. She may have been talking about every single complaint she's heard about or may have been talking about only a select few that the interviewer mentioned.

21. Roy4President

Roy4President 100+ Posts

I had some "mean" teachers when I was in high school. I had a teacher who would not let me drop his pre-calculus class, because I had told him I wanted to do something with computers, but instead wanted to focus on sports. I had my father call him and talk to him, and told my dad everything bad that I had heard about him. After that talk, My dad made me stay in the course. Needless to say, after pre-calculus, calculus, differential equations, probability, number theory, discrete math, statistics, and numerous CS logic courses -- he was absolutely right.

Looking back, they were some of the best teachers that I have ever had. Most of their reputation was based on student who had a sense of entitlement, did not want to learn, or did not want to work hard. This may not be the same case, but I had to mature as an individual; it wasn't until that point that I realized just how right those teachers were, even if at the time I hated it, and fought it at every opportunity. Ironically, they shaped my life and I can't thank them enough. My mean English teacher would kill me if she were to read this post
    [​IMG]

22. Smurfette

Smurfette 500+ Posts

Eh, pooy. They make all these allegations in that letter w/ little or no information to back it up. You can't claim a "mass exodus" of teachers and not name a single name. And, at most schools, you see a large turnover rate when administration changes-- that's reality.

I did part of my student teaching at Austin High. I moved to a different school because the teacher was maintaining very innapropriate relationships with students. And yet this teacher was considered a revered and well loved teacher-- and has been there-- still is-- many moons later. Maybe this is the kind of teacher who's "been there forever" who this new prinicpal is squashing. God forbid he run teachers like this off!

And if Leyla says there's nothing wrong-- THERE'S NOTHING WRONG!

23. Huckleberry

Huckleberry 1,000+ Posts

24. S197HQQKEM

S197HQQKEM 500+ Posts

25. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

Ah, I get it, like Stalin taught the Ukranians accountability.

lol...you act like school between the administration and the students is a democracy...i realize you went to school in HISD but come on...

26. CleverNickname

CleverNickname 500+ Posts

I never went to AHS, so I don't have any idea what goes on there. Can anybody clue me in on the relative diversity of the population there?

I know with NCLB the focus is on each racial demographic. This has had the affect of many schools that everyone assumed were doing great, finding out that they need to refocus efforts to ensure all groups are getting basic educational services. Doesn't AHS still draw from a small area east of the interstate, as juxtoaposed to its largely (I'm assuming) upper class central and west austin areas?

27. Smurfette

Smurfette 500+ Posts

I never met the principal or even an assistant principal when I was there. I reported concerns to by supervising professors. I honestly don't know if they believed what I was telling them b/c this person had been "a trusted mentor teacher" for many years, and I was some punk 20 year old college kid. Oh well....

The point being that, according to my experience, some of there long time fancy teachers mentioned in the letter might not be worth a damn.

28. Austin10

Austin10 100+ Posts

29. airportlobby

airportlobby 100+ Posts

30. EuroHorn

EuroHorn 2,500+ Posts