USA Basketball

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by LutherIsMyDog, Jun 13, 2018.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Another strong quarter on both ends for USA as they go up 70-29 at the end of the 3rd. :usflag:

2. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

3. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

another close quarter in the fourth (14-10 USA) but those two big quarters (1st & 3rd) propel the USA to an 84-39 win over Hungary and into the finals vs France. :usflag:

Celeste had what was most likely a frustrating shooting game for her, going 0-3 from the field and 0-4 from the FT line. But she kept up the other parts of her game with six rebs, two blocks and one assist. :hookem2:

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  4. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  5. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Final USA vs France
    Sunday 29 July 2018
    20:30 | (GMT+3) (12:30 PM CST)
    Minsk, Sports Palace

• Like Like x 3
  6. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

7. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Watching the Hungary vs Australia bronze medal game (19-17 at half) and easily picked out Karen Aston in the stands. I’m not sure if the current teams have high major prospects that she’s getting a look at. A couple of Hungarian players have intriguing skill sets and Australia produces more D1 players than any country outside the US.

• Like Like x 2
  8. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

End of the 1st: USA up 23-12. Celeste got 2 fouls in her first minute on the floor - the 2nd call was nonsense.

9. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

23-12 USA at the end of the first quarter. USA held France scoreless for five minutes while going on an 18-0 run. Celeste had a rough start in this game, getting two fouls within 20 seconds after being in for about one minute. France had a good finish to the quarter as USA did not score for the last two minutes while France hit for five pts.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

End of half: USA 46-28.

Due to foul trouble, Celeste only got about 3 minutes of play, 2 points (1/1) and a rebound.

11. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

46-28 USA at the half. USA equaled their first quarter scoring while France had two pts more than their scoring in the first but USA opened up their lead. Celeste scored on a layup. USA leading in rebs, 28-19. Only seven TOs for USA while forcing France into 11. :usa:

12. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

13. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

USA doubles up France at the end of 3: 70-35.
    Looking good for that gold! :usa::hookem3:

14. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

USA wins gold! 92-40 USA over France. :usa:
    Congrats to Celeste and the rest of the team! :hookem2:

• Like Like x 3
  15. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Celeste got roughed up this game. Got her head pinned to the ground by another player during one scramble for a loose ball and then took an elbow to the jaw in another. To add insult to injury, she got called for the foul. Her feistiness and motor make her fun to watch and easy to cheer for.

• Like Like x 4
  16. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  17. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

18. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  19. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Time to focus on the U18 team and Sedona! :usa::hookem2:

• Like Like x 3
  20. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

1 more. A proud papa and a nice Hook ‘em! from Belarus.

• Like Like x 5
  21. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Sedona has arrived in Mexico with an update!

• Like Like x 4
  22. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Awesome to see the U17 team win gold! :usa: :hookem2:

• Like Like x 4
  23. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

We are getting a very classy lady in Celeste!

• Like Like x 5
  24. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Absolutely! :hookem2:

• Like Like x 1
  25. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

USA U18 team looks pretty stout in scrimmage! Love the picture of our Sedona!

• Like Like x 4
  26. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  27. Oakman

Oakman Guest

I just saw this thread thought I’d chip in. Being that I was not on the road second half of July because I agreed to help a friend as an assistant coach I was able to watch every second of whatever televised usa U17 games. I have a lot of thoughts about what I watched. I can give my opinions on who is Texas related to keep thread relevant which is only two kids one being Celeste other Zia I don’t think KA will land any of the other kids on this roster.

• Like Like x 6
  28. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Feel free.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Oakman

Oakman Guest

Zia Cooke-
    She is the perfect fit for Texas from what I saw she only got better as the games went on. I’m sure she was trying to adjust to her role on this team but once she did she was terrific. There were times where I would’ve preferred her to make the pass but at the college level she will be coached up to make some of those passes and when she does she will be even more dynamic. Has a great mid range with lift on her shot, played great on ball defense. Her uptempo style goes exactly with what at least from what I see KA runs . She will be a homerun if she lands in Austin.

Celeste Taylor-
    My unsung hero award goes to her she sacrificed a whole lot to do what the team needed, from the outside looking in she seemed to embrace her role which makes her a great teammate but with that said she was only second to Fudd in 3pt % her overall numbers were close to the top for the team in every category this was with her playing less minutes than whoever was in front of her. Her defense might be the best I’ve seen any high schooler play to go along with her motor makes her special. I feel KA got herself a hard nose player who can score from anywhere, rebound with almost anyone will be the best defender in the Big12 and she will only get better.

• Like Like x 7
  30. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1