USA / Mexico Reliant Stadium 2/6/08

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Clarence Iba, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Clarence Iba

Clarence Iba 250+ Posts

Anyone going? Should be a classico as usual.

2. DeadHeadHorn

DeadHeadHorn 500+ Posts

I'll be at the 1/19 game v. Sweden, but not the US-Mexico.

In an interview w/ SI Bradley says it'll be a "mostly MLS" team facing El Tri. The sooner we get Jozy and Maurice Edu some experience against good international competition, the better. I'd love to see Freddy called in for this one as well.

3. natethehorn

natethehorn 100+ Posts

We have a group of about 8 going to the match. Should be fun no matter who is on the roster. I hate those scumbags. Go Yanks!! [​IMG]

4. Quadry

Quadry 250+ Posts

Nate, shoot me a PM and let me know where you are sitting. I am thinking about getting some guys together and heading down for this.

5. Knoxville-Horn

Knoxville-Horn 1,000+ Posts

I'm going to go out on a limb and call it, "dos a cero." [​IMG]

Have fun at the game. I'll be attending the Olympic qualifying games in Nashville in March....

6. RyanUTAustin

RyanUTAustin 1,000+ Posts

I am heading down with Nate's group for the game.

Should be fun...

7. Quadry

Quadry 250+ Posts

Got 8 tickets today! This is going to dominate!

8. hornimal

hornimal 500+ Posts

I'm going. thanks to my sugarquadry.

9. Quadry

Quadry 250+ Posts

HA! Love you hornimal!

10. ERhine

ERhine 250+ Posts

I will be with The Quadry as well.

11. Seabrook

Seabrook 25+ Posts

I'll be there in Section 116 with Sam's Army & Texian Army.

12. Clarence Iba

Clarence Iba 250+ Posts

I just got sent to Colorado that week for work. If anyone wants my 3 seats, I'll sell for what I paid ticketmaster for them, and I'll throw in free overnight fedex. Gringo section, 138, row M, seats 22-24. $45X3=$135.

13. groundss

groundss 100+ Posts

Is it safe to assume that the U.S. roster will resemble what we saw against Sweden?

Has there been any indication as to who will play for El Tri?

14. 1899horn

1899horn 500+ Posts

Mexico's roster will be announced on the 31st. Chances are it will be made up of a combo of under23 players and veterans.

15. DeadHeadHorn

DeadHeadHorn 500+ Posts

16. groundss

groundss 100+ Posts

17. DeadHeadHorn

DeadHeadHorn 500+ Posts

I think some of those in camp will be replaced by Euros, and that Altidore is in the U-23/Oly qualifiers camp (along with Sacha and Edu).

But yeah, that roster leaves a lot to be desired.

18. groundss

groundss 100+ Posts

My mistake...I assumed this was the squad rather than just the training roster.

I suppose a lot depends on who he calls over from U-23 & across the pond. I'd like to see Michael Bradley called over since he's apparently thriving this season for Heerenveen. I assumed nepotism there at first but the kid looks to be earning his keep.

If all else fails, at least I know I'm paying good money to see the supreme striking prowess of one Taylor Twellman

19. DeadHeadHorn

DeadHeadHorn 500+ Posts

20. THEU

THEU 2,500+ Posts

Does anyone else think the scheduling of the game on Ash Wednesday is interesting to say the least?

21. Knoxville-Horn

Knoxville-Horn 1,000+ Posts

Bradley is a stud. I too thought he was on the team due to nepotism. The first time I saw him was when he was warming up with the US team before the '05 Mexico qualifier in Columbus (dos a cero). I asked my friend who he was because he was dressed out as an actual player - not in warmups or trainer attire. He told me it was one of the assistant coaches sons who was there to help the players warm up. I watched him a little bit and though, "this kid's pretty good for a random, coache's son."

22. History Horn

History Horn 100+ Posts

Come on US....beat the pinche ratones verde.

Go Yanks

23. 1899horn

1899horn 500+ Posts

Mexico's call ups --
    Goalkeepers - Memo Ochoa, Moises Muñoz, Luis Michel

Defenders - Israel Castro, Rafa Marquez, Carlos Salcido, Jhonny Magallon, Fausto Pinto, Oscar Rojas

Midfielders - Fernando Arce, Pavel Pardo, Gerardo Torrado, Andres Guardado, Zinha, Adolfo Bautista

Forwards - Carlos Vela, Giovani Dos Santos, Juan Carlos Cacho, Antonio de Nigris

24. groundss

groundss 100+ Posts

the link

I'm glad they decided to bring over a top flight squad. Let's hope the Yanks do the same.

25. Seabrook

Seabrook 25+ Posts

I was hoping Giovani and Vela would be there, so I could see how good they really are.

[​IMG]

26. hornimal

hornimal 500+ Posts

so where are people gathering before the game?

I'm rolling with quadry and his crew of drunkies.

27. Seabrook

Seabrook 25+ Posts

Sam's Army is setting up in the Red parking lot on the north side of Reliant. I believe the gates open at 4pm. I'll be there about 4 and tailgating with the Texian Army and Sam's Army.

There is going to be a pregame gathering at the Ginger Man around 2pm.

[​IMG]

28. hornimal

hornimal 500+ Posts

gingerman is a good spot and you can walk/jog to the light rail.

29. 1899horn

1899horn 500+ Posts

Mexico will be without their best player: Andres Guardado, who was injured in his league game over the weekend. It's too bad, he is a lot of fun to watch.

30. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts