USA Today Article on Kyler Murray

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by ronich, Dec 18, 2015.

1. ronich

ronich 100+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  2. MudHorn

MudHorn Admin Moderator

And they weren't even good with the "style" part as far as I can tell.

• Like Like x 1
  3. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

I think they are saying that Sumlin has been able to channel those good ole aggy spirits.

4. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

" intoxicated with style" aka Johnny Football.

Sounds like Sumlin's entire tenure can be summed up by Johnny Football.

5. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

From the article:

The moment Manziel became a mainstream star was the moment the entire image of Texas A&M under Sumlin was forged on the concept of "cool." The coach flew to high school games in a "Swagcopter." The quarterback partied with celebrities and made headlines on TMZ. Players suddenly enjoyed the most plush football facilities in the country after more than $20 million in renovations. Texas A&M actively sold the idea that playing football at Texas A&M was flashy and stylish, something it has never been in its entire history.

LOLOLOLOL

• Like Like x 5
  6. -Texas-

-Texas- 250+ Posts

They need to focus on beating LSU, Auburn, and Alabama. Otherwise, style means nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

But, but, didn't you see the glow-in-the-dark Halloween uniforms that they wore in the daytime? :puke: That was some STYLE right there! How can you say they didn't do good with style? :rolleyes1:

• Like Like x 2
  8. MudHorn

MudHorn Admin Moderator

Whoops! Forgot about those sweet glow-y lids, my bad.

• Like Like x 2
  9. LtSwtCrude

LtSwtCrude Guest

One of the primary reasons for joining the SEC was to (further) establish their brand at the national level. Mission accomplished.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

"intoxicated" hell, we all know they just ran outta time :smile1:

11. harry_horns

harry_horns 250+ Posts

I mean it's aggy... they have such an inferiority complex they have to put a barbershop in their facilities to entice kids by saying "COME HERE! We promise we're cooler than all of those other programs. We have nicer ice baths!"

12. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Those guys in coveralls, squeezing their testes? That is just their burnin desire to beat t.u. coming through, and that is only simulated humping-- Nevermind them please.
    Look over here at our glow in the dark uni's!
    What's that you ask? Cheerleaders? Well don't take our lack of female cheerleaders to be some sort of indictment. You see we have never fully accepted the fact that we are a co-ed campus. Some sort of farmer sharia law, but its much cooler once you go to fish camp and get your red ***.
    Oh - I should not have mentioned red ***...
    HEY check out our barber shop in the locker room!
    So you say you saw some guys walking around in jackboots and brown shirts? Oh I am sure it was just a Halloween thing. Hey have you seen the swag-copter? We can take you on a ride in it.
    Below is the Dixie Chicken and that is kind of like the Miami Beach of Colllege Station- OK, fine CS don't look like much from the air, but from the ground, its like the iPhone. I swear it Swagcopter tour over.
    Also, you know we had this guy Johnny Football, perhaps you've heard he won the Heism--- NO where did you a hear a thing like that? He loved it here! And we all loved him right back. Unconditionally.
    Kyle Allen, never heard of him. Now Kyler Murray, I have heard of him but that guy was a head case. NO Coach Sumlin never made false promises to him! No I don't know why the whites of Sumlin's eyes are yellow. He's a good man.
    Oh and hey we pretty much don't sweat the po-po's around CS. They know who runs this state and don't mess with us. Record setting arrests? That was ALL Kenny Trill man. Good riddance.
    So as I was saying #WRTS or We Run This State. You know how that came about right? No we did not flee the Big 12 so we no longer play any other teams from the state of Texas... We fled the Big 12 because SEC SEC SEC. That's right we play big boy football now!
    Look at all those Championships scrawled hastily on Kyle stadium. We are retro-actively the winningest program in history, and we're taking the SEC by storm. One time we beat Alabama, true story - No you're thinking Mizzoo... What's our best record? Never you mind that. We beat Alabama one time!
    Let me walk you out. Oh f**k. You walked on the grass... This is the dead collie memorial -- I MEAN SwagCopter Helipad. If you sign a LOI right now we can overlook this, this one time. Do you have the flash to hang with Aggie football???

• Like Like x 4
  13. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

ABSOLUTE GREATNESS! I think you covered it all.

14. LtSwtCrude

LtSwtCrude Guest

Best way to start a Sunday!! Horns up!!!