USA Today Poll - Mid-term Election

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by HornHuskerDad, May 5, 2014.

1. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

A lot can happen between now and November, but the USA Today poll makes things look pretty promising for the GOP - The Link.

A couple of interesting excerpts:

2. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

As soon as the fight between the so called "moderates" and the tea party ramps up the libs will laugh all the way to re-election.

3. HornHuskerDad

^That could happen. As I noted, there is still a lot of time between now and November, and a lot can happen. I certainly hope that the GOP recognizes this great opportunity and gets everyone in line to take advantage of it. We simply cannot afford anything that even resembles an endorsement of the Obama agenda.

HHD [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

5. Roger35

Roger35 2,500+ Posts

6. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

7. pasotex

pasotex 2,500+ Posts

I think the GOP does a little better. I bet they take the Senate. Off year election with a lame duck bodes well for the other side although it is very early to have any real feel.

I think 2016 might be good for my side although it is way too early to tell.

8. HornHuskerDad

IMO, it's very important for the GOP to take control of the Senate. It would put Congress in GOP control for the last two years of the Obama term, putting a check on his agenda. Possibly even more important, if there is a vacancy in the SCOTUS, a GOP senate would prevent Obama from appointing a left-winger to the Court. Supreme Court appointments tend to have a long-lasting effect, and I don't want to see a left-leaning Court.

Pasotex and others, I realize you and I have differing political philosophies and are unlikely to change. But I do think we have gone a bit too far left of center and need to move rightward a bit - more right of center. And, by and large, the GOP would tend to move a bit that direction.

HHD [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

10. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

At this point, I am not sure what the GOP stands for anymore. The GOP establishment seems more concerned with defeating the Tea Party than beating the Democrats.

11. CedarParkFan

CedarParkFan 1,000+ Posts

GOP victories mean nothing as long as they are no different than the Dems. I have yet to see valid criticism of the TP, unless smaller government and a return to constitutional principles seems upsetting. Yeah, a few are over the top, but the platform itself is not. I'd take them over rhinos any day.

12. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

13. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

14. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts