USC After Further Review

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by MarylandHorn, Dec 26, 2009.

1. MarylandHorn

MarylandHorn 500+ Posts

Catch is confirmed on the 6 yard line? What??? He stepped on the 9, the caught the ball out of bounds on the 8. How do you put it on the 6 even if you think he was still in bounds when he caught it?

2. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Good game. BC scores to cut it to 14-13.

3. Kinglaw

Kinglaw 500+ Posts

Go Eagles!

Beat the University of Spoiled Children.

4. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I picked USC to win the bowl game but it would be awesome if BC got the V.

5. Third Coast

Somewhat of a comedy of errors game by both teams and the officials. I can see the player miscues with the weather, but how in the hell does an official miss seeing the punt hitting the USC player's foot when he was looking right at it?

6. Roger35

Roger35 2,500+ Posts

Wow! Unreal. They don't reverse the call even after replay. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Kinglaw

Kinglaw 500+ Posts

The ref on the field didn't miss the call.

The replay officials ruled that the USC player was blocked into the ball, which is fallacious.

Replay officials are on the USC payroll.

8. Jim Bob

Jim Bob 1,000+ Posts

Just horrible. Where do they find these idiots?

9. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

The SEC? I don't think they are SEC officials though but they maybe read the handbook.

10. Third Coast

Actually the on field officials ruled USC possession, but BC recovered the ball and it was obvious the USC player was moving forward into the ball and not being blocked into it. Both on field and replay officials blew that call.

11. Bye Week

Bye Week 250+ Posts

Unfuckingbelievable.

12. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

No, sadly it is totally in the realm of belief. That is what sucks.

13. longtex

longtex Guest

14. RxLonghorn

RxLonghorn 250+ Posts

I'm leaning towards imcompetence. There were a few times the USC running backs would be tackled, hit the ground, slide forward a yard, and they would mark the ball at the end of the slide. Remember the spots the refs gave us in the Tech game this year? - well, this was the polar opposite of that.

The refs aren't the only incompetent ones. BC has a RB (#2) that cannot be stopped by USC, but for some reason they tried to throw the ball on most of their plays from the middle of the third quarter on. I don't know about BC message boards, but I would not be surprised if they're calling for their OC's head.

15. mstrat

mstrat 250+ Posts

Time to institute a review of the review booth. Funny how everyone has forgotten WHY Tennessee was kicking a field goal that far away against Bama or why Georgia blew a late lead or even what McElroy hasn't thrown more interceptions.

There will be no SEC refs this time!

16. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

17. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

USC After Further Review, it is confirmed that USC is not a very good team and that was a pathetic game by both teams. Actually the bowl games suck to this point. But I'm happy college football is keeping the tradition.

[​IMG]

18. Sultan5000

Sultan5000 25+ Posts

These are all blatent.

No worse than the Arkansas St. on-side kick re-do, IMO. It happens everywhere.

19. Ctexan

Ctexan 100+ Posts

Wow, the refs really sucked during this one. The kick return where it hit the USC players foot and they said he "was blocked into the kick" was just a god awful call.

Where the *&^% do these replay officials come from???

20. borna_horn

borna_horn 1,000+ Posts

I can't believe the coaching job by BC. Why keep going to your inept QB when your running game has been very effective? That was the worst QB I have seen all year, even worse than the guy from South Carolina.

21. longtex

longtex Guest

After further review, the ruling in the Office is overturned: MWC > PAC10 > ACC.

22. ImissWallyPryor

ImissWallyPryor 1,000+ Posts

BC player was blocking him away from the ball, not into it.

23. Soviet Union

Soviet Union 500+ Posts

We suck. No surprise. Even though BC's 40 year old freshman QB is awful and they beat like 1 team that had a winning record, SC struggled to win.

I expected BC to win.

Okay I get it, we suck. Oh and to make matters worse, PC is returning. His boy toy Barkley will be USC's starting QB for the next 3 years no matter what, our best playmakers Damian Williams and McKnight are gone, ummm same yes men staff returns with Pete's choke collar wrapped around all their necks at all times, and the Pac-10 should be really tough in 2010. You'll hear a lot of nonsense about how PC is gonna have USC back to the top and all that yackity yack. BS. USC is looking at 9-4 next year. PC is too stubborn and too much of a controlfreak egomaniac to change his outdated schemes and approach. Trust me, you need not worry about USC being any kind of threat next year.

Oh and our basketball program is like 8-4 and some SC fans are celebrating like we're #1 in the nation, should tell you the expectations.

And baseball is truly awful, might be the worst team in school history in 2010.

Not a good time for my beloved alma mater.

24. Kinglaw

Kinglaw 500+ Posts

I went to the USC - Texas basketball game, and I was surprised at how talented SC was. I thought Vucevic and Gerrity were terrific players. You guys made a game of it until our superior depth and talent took over. On paper, it looks like a blowout, but you guys played hard, and kept it close until the final minutes.

However, I am amazed that the football team is so much of an underachiever. With the talent on that team, it appears the coaching is the problem. I expected you guys to blow out BC, but because of some bad calls against BC, you took the game. That Havili guy is a gamer.

25. Soviet Union

Soviet Union 500+ Posts

^^USC hoops plays hard and the new coach O'Neill has done an admirable job considering what he walked into. SC recently beat Tennessee in a blowout at home and then a solid St Mary's team as well as UNLV in the Hawaii Tournament. The Pac-10 is really bad this year in hoops so maybe SC can make some noise. Doubt it though. Not much depth.

Football....yep coaching is the big problem. Wasted Talent U.