USC claiming 4-0 against us...

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by bck031, Sep 13, 2017.

1. bck031

bck031 1,000+ Posts

2. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

On the other hand ... perhaps it should be 4-2 ... since despite their activity which resulted in said removal ... they STILL got beat.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

It's a petty move by USC.

4. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

There was an article on SBNation that said the following
    Unless Tessalone can come up with the so-called letter from Wright, I'm calling ********. As I understand it, the directive to remove their appearance from the Rose Bowl wasn't even a directive. It was an unenforceable request that came from the BCS. Tessalone knows full well that carries zero weight as the BCS was an ad hoc body that comprised of comedy writers and a bunch of hooligans, not to mention it no longer exists in the first place.

Either way, amending records after the fact is a dick move in the first place as it accomplishes nothing. Ok so let's keep it in the UT program as an example. Colorado was forced to vacate all wins from the 1997 football season. They beat Texas that year. But does anyone here seriously walk around telling people that John Mackovic coached the Horns to a 5-6 record? No, they say 4-7 because they know full well that we lost that ******* game and there's not a damned thing the NCAA can say about it. Same goes for the 2006 Rose Bowl. I was in the ******* stadium that night and to pretend that it was an event that never took place is childish and pathetic on the NCAA's part, and USC is childish and pathetic to not only acknowledge it but to stretch it to such an extreme as to translate "vacate all wins" to mean "vacate all games." Of course they will never read this message because from Earth, it's impossible to communicate with people who live in The Land of Make Believe and Pretend.

• Like Like x 3
  5. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

You misspelled 'aggy'

• Like Like x 9
  6. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

University of Spoiled Children fans with small minds in denial of 41-38 !!! :trophy:

• Like Like x 2
  7. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

The world saw what happened all that matters

• Like Like x 2
  8. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Not to mention...isn't THAT game being used in the commercials to hype THIS game on the network that will be covering the game?

• Like Like x 4
  9. Galvestonhorn

Galvestonhorn 250+ Posts

And I'm sure USC would have vacated a NC and not claimed it had they beaten Texas.

• Like Like x 3
  10. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

So USC gets to just pretend like that season never happened. What about every team they played? Do the results still count for them?

11. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

You don't have to pretend. They vacated the Orange Bowl win from the season prior against OU, which means they coughed up the BCS title but not the AP title. So yup, USC still claims 2004 national football championship despite vacating.

• Like Like x 2
  12. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

It seems the state of California has problems with numbers and facts. So they are only doing what they are taught.

• Like Like x 3
  13. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

Can't agree more - the vacated wins always struck me as some Orwellian 1984 scenario.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

According to the NCAA, vacated games may be used to promote actual games but this does not imply or suggest that the promotional game ever happened which can neither be confirmed nor denied at this time

• Like Like x 5
  15. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

They roughed up OU so violently that it ruptured the space-time continuum, permanently implanting that game into all possible timelines such that it would be impossible to ever vacate the results.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

I say make them vacate their bowels this weekend.

• Like Like x 5
  17. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  18. bck031

bck031 1,000+ Posts

My DVD says differently.

• Like Like x 1