USC Tailgate

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Buck-Horn, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

Hey gang,

Time for some USC game planing! Would like to assemble a tailgate. All ideas are welcome. What tailgates are planned at this point (TX Exes)?

Any HF's in So Cal willing to take the lead on this?

Happy Birthday America...and Hook 'em Horns!!!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Wishbonemac

Wishbonemac 250+ Posts

Do you have an idea where a tailgate could be set up yet?

3. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

No clue! Was hoping a HF from SoCal would weigh in on this. I'm guessing Texas Exes may be the only option.

4. Wishbonemac

Wishbonemac 250+ Posts

5. Wishbonemac

Wishbonemac 250+ Posts

6. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

LA Texas Exes chapter hosting a tailgate....here's their promo. There will be a large contingent of San Diego Exes making the trip North. Hope to see lots of Burnt Orange in Memorial Colesium

Additionally, the Los Angeles Chapter is hosting "A Throwdown Before the Touchdown" at The Official University of Texas Tailgate before the game. Tickets for the tailgate are $25 and are sold separately by the Texas Exes Los Angeles Chapter.

Texas Exes Los Angeles Chapter is very proud to
    present the BIGGEST and BEST tailgate party yet! Featuring
    LIVE country music, Bevo's Backyard Games, Silent Auction Items, Social Media Contests, Face Painting, Raffle Prizes, L.A.'s Most Popular Food Trucks, plus MORE!

It's gonna be TEXAS SIZED and Texas Exes Los Angeles guarantees y'all a boot scootin' honky tonk with beer & cheer - so order your tickets NOW! This event will sell out & space is limited.

The Official University of Texas at Austin Tailgate is conveniently located in Downtown Los Angeles at Exposition Park West which is next to the L.A. Memorial Coliseum (walking distance to the big game)! This is a family-friendly event and we recommend all attendees drink responsibly. Buy your tickets at their website.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Wishbonemac

Wishbonemac 250+ Posts

They are nice folks but their tailgates aren't craft beer friendly usually. That'll be very close

8. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

Wow, $25 for a tailgate with the longhorn "universe"?!? You'll feel like you're at the Co-Op!!

I like the Dog Haus idea better!!!

9. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

My personal preference would be off Jefferson, either lot 23 or lot B, or the alternative is that pay lot that runs from Jefferson through to 32nd. These are north side of campus, and you can walk through campus to Exposition. HOWEVER, this is a night game, and no way, even with my diminished mental capacity, am I subjecting anyone I care about to that walk after dark in that neighborhood. Driver drop us off, driver pick us up and then you get the other half of these bills. Alternative, driver drop us off, park, come sit with us, go get car and pick us up.

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

11. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

ALREADY FEELS LIKE 2005!!!! You HornFans responded in spades to this ticket block!!! Truly amazing.....can't wait to see everyone on 9/16, the day the horns are BACK!!!!
    :bevo::bevo::bevo::bevo::bevo::bevo::bevo::bevo:

• Like Like x 4
  12. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Instead of farting around I went ahead and bought tailgate tickets. Should be fun.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wishbonemac

Wishbonemac 250+ Posts

So this will be the last USC home game with The Juice in captivity.

BTW, I just bought the last ticket in that reserved block, Ben says

14. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Damn, I may cancel my trip now. I thought sure OJ would be the guest captain for the coin flip.

15. Wishbonemac

Wishbonemac 250+ Posts

Lance Armstrong has agreed to take his place

16. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Wife got me 2 tix to the game for my birthday...looking forward to this one!

• Like Like x 3
  17. Vol Horn 4 Life

I got an email from the LA Texas Exes chapter saying that a ticket to the tailgate was included in the package deal while at the same time asking me to donate my WMU tickets for them to sell for their scholarship fund.

Anyone else get one of these messages and anyone know if true? Yesterday I asked for a refund or food/drink credit for the $50 I spent a couple weeks ago if my tailgate tix should have already been included in the package. I haven't gotten a response yet.

18. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Now you gotta deliver big time on her birthday Joe, pressure is on. :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Vol Horn 4 Life

Ahh, I got a reply that they also sold ticket packages, but accidentally sent an email out to everyone who bought tailgate tix whether they bought game tix from them or not.