USC...the never-ending soap opera

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by ut1978, May 13, 2009.

1. ut1978

ut1978 100+ Posts

2. mcbrett

mcbrett 2,500+ Posts

I hope they fry for this, and this helps the prosecutors to get a case.

But,, did they really get their money's worth on Mayo? One year there and did they even make it to the sweet 16??

3. Bevo Incognito

Bevo Incognito 5,000+ Posts

I knew something was up with USC when Mayo committed there without ever having visited.

Doesn't pass the smell test.

4. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

If I were SMU I would be screaming for them to get the death penalty or to get some reparations from the NCAA having been the only one to ever get nailed. How many stories, witnesses and evidence do they need to do something to USC.

5. goosehorn

goosehorn 500+ Posts

Good point about SMU. THe things that I find odd too is that I have always heard that the PAC 10 sometimes dishes out harsher penalties than the NCAA does. Therefore, why have we not heard about any stuff handed down by the PAC 10?

If I were Washington, I'd be doing the same thing SMU should be doing.

6. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

Since it is USC probably nothing will be done just as it was with the Reggie Bush house incident.

7. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

8. tigger

tigger 25+ Posts

Bush and Mayo are the tip of a large iceberg.

Bush took over 300k and the report that broke that story said that it is the whole system at USC and everyone is in on it.

9. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Anybody believing USC gets anything more than a slap on the wrist for this stuff also believes in the yellow brick road and that the check is in the mail. (USC allegedly doesn't wait for the mailman to deliver the check. [​IMG] )

USC, like a certain school located just north of the 817 area code, is one of the NCAA's sacred cows. You'd have to have loss of institutional control bordering on genocide for them to lose any scholies or have to forfeit anything.

This is very likely to turn out just like the various investigations involving zero-u, all sizzle and no steak. There's a huge difference in the treatment USC gets as opposed to, oh, SMU. [​IMG]

10. ImissWallyPryor

ImissWallyPryor 1,000+ Posts

My cousin worked for the USC athletic compliance department in '05 & '06. I've thought about asking her what's up with all that, but I'm afraid it would come across as rubbing her nose in it since she considered a job with UT before taking the USC gig. I don't think she'd reveal much, though, since she plays things pretty close to the vest, as though she's on a perpetual job interview.

11. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Your cousin shows great potential for promotion out there.

12. starchild

starchild 500+ Posts

absolutely positively NOTHING will come from this.

13. borna_horn

borna_horn 1,000+ Posts

14. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Agree. USC will tell the NCAA what they want to hear and that will be it.

15. UTFAN4EVER

UTFAN4EVER 250+ Posts

The fact that the Reggie Bush issue is still unresolved after 3+ years is proof that nothing is going to happen. I am a man and I am over 40 (by a lot!) and I am certain that a slap on the wrist is in the future, but nothing more. [​IMG]

16. DigglerontheHoof

DigglerontheHoof 1,000+ Posts

17. everybodygodeep

everybodygodeep 500+ Posts

The NCAA has not legal authority to get people to comply. The evidence existed at BSRI to kill OU, but the new owners did not have to turn over anything. They sat on it, but there was evidence of wrong doing. The evidence included Adrian Peterson and others. It should have resulted in about 20 players getting in trouble, but the NCAA had no authority to get the documents.

18. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

The NCAA is the 800 pound gorilla out there for the Middle Tennessee States of this world, but they're about as dangerous as the French military to USC, zero-u, and other sacred cows of college football. If you believe SC's getting anything worse than a slap on the wrist, you also believe work's just about done on the yellow brick road.

19. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

I thought the yellowbrick road was circular, heading from where Dorothy's house fell out to the wizard's house and then back. Surely, you don't believe the yellowbrick road leaves Oz, do you?

20. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

There's actually something like the yellow brick road in Round Rock today...an 18 wheeler turned over on I-35 and spilled a bunch of yellow paint on the slab. That's about as close as you'll get this side of Oz.

21. BrntO4Life

BrntO4Life 100+ Posts

Not surprised by this at all. I see how the athletes here at SC are treated on a daily basis.

22. WestGAHorn

WestGAHorn 500+ Posts

23. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Since Alabama, after their third "found guilty" in less than 10 years, skates, USC (and ou) have absolutely nothing to worry about.