USF vs. UCF the Charlie Strong Swan Song

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by El Sapo, Nov 29, 2019.

1. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

....or I don't know. Do you keep the guy given the body or work? Maybe the backloaded contract at
    our expense is an issue? :coolnana: Fuggit I'm turning this game on

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  2. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

2nd turnover in the first half by the bulls

3. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I really want Charlie to be on the sidelines in DKR next year, either with the Bulls, or perhaps as one of our defensive position coaches.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

[​IMG]

5. Txreds

Txreds 250+ Posts

Now can I say Charlie Sucks?

I started a post on here with that and got banned for a while. Pretty sure now after turning two schools into losing programs we can say he absolutely does in fact SUCK.

6. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I'm with Red. I'd accept Charlie as a position coach. I know it will never, ever happen, but theoretically, I'm good with it.

7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

At no salary to make up what we paid after he left.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Watched the game. USF was never truly in it. He one of the few coaches I know of that started at the at the top and went down in his career. He's 21-16 at USF

..Year...Games....W...L...T.......Bowl
    ..2017.....12........10....2.....Birmingham Bowl-W
    ..2018.....13..........7....6.....Bad Boy Mowers Bowl Gasparilla-L
    ..2019.....12..........4.....8....None

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  9. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Charlie Strong is 59 years old. I do not think he was ever a great head coach, but I truly believe he stopped caring the minute Texas gave him $25 million guaranteed. South Florida threw on another $10 million guaranteed. The man is set for life, I think he does not care if he wins or loses. I would not take him as any type of coach at this point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Interesting take. I hope you’re wrong but I will never forget the visual of Strong — a fish out of water — during the introductory presser, sitting between Patterson and Powers. It was very troubling, and to say that Strong was uncomfortable would be a massive understatement. Cringeworthy.

I’ve always liked Strong the individual and I hope he lands somewhere and can add to that program.

• Agree Agree x 1