Using a Bidet

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by Dude, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Dude

Dude 1,000+ Posts

I going to violate the saying "Don't knock until you try it" when it comes to the bidet. I just don't see how this device can accomplish its purpose. How is a stream of water going to get you clean? Then, not only are you not clean, you're soaking wet.

2. kangsta

kangsta 500+ Posts

i would need a fire hose

3. FondrenRoad

FondrenRoad 1,000+ Posts

The Japanese have perfected this. A separate bidet is stupid. A Japanese washlet has the bidet built into the toilet seat. More advanced models have driers and mp3 players. Like you I was skeptical and had tried a regular bidet at my aunt's house and was unimpressed. However, I came damn close to buying a washlet when I was in Japan. I just couldn't justify a $1200 toilet seat.

4. capitalcity

capitalcity 100+ Posts

I too suspect Bidets can't accomplish the important after-job job they're designed to do. But being neither gay nor european, I have no real experience with the contraption in question.

5. happy fun ball

happy fun ball 100+ Posts

Put me down as strongly bidet positive. I always wipe after just to be safe. I use them whenever available just because it's fun.

6. Lat22

Lat22 1,000+ Posts

We had one in our villa in Cabo. Let me just say this. They are fabulous.

7. rtchorn

rtchorn 250+ Posts

When I was in Egypt, we had a "washlet". It took a little time to get used to, but eventually I got used to it. In Egypt, their plumbing is not suited to handle toilet paper, so we had to put the paper in the garbage. Suffice to say, that was pretty disgusting. When I went to Japan, some of the toilets had so many gizmos, I couldn't figure out how to use the damn things.

8. Beamwalker

Beamwalker 250+ Posts

My buddy was in Japan for a couple months for work a while back. The first pictures we were sent were about 20 of the toilet. It was the most amazing thing ever. I want one so bad.

9. KaiserSoze

KaiserSoze 250+ Posts

Bidet = good.

10. ShadowNinja

ShadowNinja 100+ Posts

I too have been to Europe and the bidet-lifestyle is quite insidious

11. Hayden_Horn

Hayden_Horn 1,000+ Posts

i tried it a couple of times in japan. i wasn't wowed either way.

12. CaptainEd

CaptainEd 1,000+ Posts

i must have really missed out when i was in italy and switzerland.....i just didn't want to spend the time figuring out how to use the thing. i will have to next time.

13. RyanUTAustin

RyanUTAustin 1,000+ Posts

I have never used one but I would have to look at this as a practical matter.

Water = cleaning
    Paper = mooshing

14. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

I'll have to ask my *******, but I have a sneaking suspicion he's going to say no.

15. kangsta

kangsta 500+ Posts

My dad's bathroom had one when i was growing up. I found it to be ineffective. It just made my *** wet.

16. TXSNOS

TXSNOS 1,000+ Posts

just pee in them like everyone else

17. LITNIN HORN

LITNIN HORN 1,000+ Posts

18. gobears92

gobears92 Guest

19. SuperG24

SuperG24 100+ Posts

Cleanliness is next to Godliness. You should always be prepared.

20. Mrmyke709

Mrmyke709 1,000+ Posts

I use the 3 Shells.

21. CaptainEd

CaptainEd 1,000+ Posts

haha....you eat a lot of taco bell too?

22. flaco

flaco 500+ Posts

Wait, you mean those aren't water fountains. Oh hell.

23. TrashMaster G

TrashMaster G 250+ Posts

Are you gusy talking about those little doggy water fountains they have in bathrooms in Europe?

24. Horny04

Horny04 100+ Posts

Had one in my old house in Portugal, but never used it as I was a kid.

Question though: Do they exclusively cleanse the anus, or can you clean off other parts...perhaps some that may get sweaty as the day rolls on? [​IMG]

25. Idahorn2

Idahorn2 250+ Posts

We had a bidet for 3 years when I was a kid. (6-9 yrs) I used it as an alternative to the toilet pretty regularly; nothing that wouldn't go down the drain very easily, you understand.

Are we all walking on eggs here?

26. LITNIN HORN

LITNIN HORN 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

bunch of *** wipes...... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. Meursault

Meursault 250+ Posts

28. happy fun ball

happy fun ball 100+ Posts

Meursalt that's a pretty bad *** user name. Frankly, any gf who used a properly functioning warm bidet solely as a foot wash is unworthy of your attention.

29. Not that Bob

Not that Bob 500+ Posts

I'll expose my ignorance. How, exactly, does one use one of these things? Since there is no standing water, and since they don't flush, but only drain, it seems that there would be tiny poo particles left in the bowl. Nasty. And then the gf washed her feet in it!? NASTY!

Also, since there in no seat, do you just squat?

How do you dry off? With the same towel you dry your face on the next morning? Nasty!

Inquiring minds want to know.

30. kangsta

kangsta 500+ Posts