USS Theodore Roosevelt

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Statalyzer, Apr 8, 2020.

1. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

One death out of 5000 on board IIRC

2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

If I underdtand it what he did was to try to get the healthy crew away from the sick ones, preserving the ability to do the mission and to keep as many healthy as possible. Everything you say about the crew being young and heslthy is true., able to withstand the virus. And at that many got the sick required hospitalization with one death
    That is also hindsight. When this was tsking place experts were still ttying to undersrand it.
    It is interesting that SecNav Espars says Crozier may be reinstated.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That's not an unreasonable goal. The problem is enlisting people who have nothing to do with the issue as well as the New York Times and Washington Post to force his way.

That doesn't change the rules or his authority.

They're free to do that, and I'll respect their decision. They know the specifics and can balance the priorities better than we can.

4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I probably can't understand the weight a man like Crozier feels for the lives of his crew. When he was trying to get help the world seemed on fire with people dying of the virus.
    We do not know he leaked anything to the media.
    If he did leak it to the media I doubt Espar will reinstate him.
    If he did leak it to the media he deserves to be brought up on charges.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The world wasn't on fire, and no rational person thought it was on fire. Keep in mind that the military has to act in an orderly fashion in the middle of a nuclear war - when it literally is on fire.

He didn't leak it to the media. (I don't think.) However, he gave it to people he knew would, and since the people who received it had no business having it and no right to it, he did leak it. It doesn't matter if the biggest leak came from somebody else. He was at best reckless.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet