UT and CHINA....what are the connections to corona virus???

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by TEXnSEATTLE, May 2, 2020.

1. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

No surprise

3. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

So the Dept of Ed sent letters to 8 schools including Harvard and Yale. I wonder why was UT the headline of the subject?

4. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Oops. We simply accidentally forgot to report $6.5 billion in foreign funding, as required by federal law. Just a little mistake here, sorry guys.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  5. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Project Veritas needs to investigate universities and the corruption behind them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Stat
    the 6.5 billion was all the universities. not just UT
    Still should not have happened.
    I wonder how much Texas " forgot" to disclose?

7. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

An embarrassing amount, no matter the actual $$$ figure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Who here hasn’t overlooked a billion or so in income, you can’t keep up with everything all the time

• Funny Funny x 6
  9. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

and that came from CHINA....FENVES at work...quite the ***** with OUR information and research
    ...good riddance...

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

were you aware of Ted Cruz's response to all of this???

11. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

No. Please link it.

12. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  13. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

"A billion here, a billion there, pretty soon, Senator, we are talking about real money" - Barry Goldwater to Bill Proxmire on the Senate floor as Goldwater destroyed Proxmire one more time.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

If the regents investigated the Powers and Fenves eras at UT, I bet this is all just the tip of the iceberg. Unfortunately the people in this state do not believe in oversight and the regents do not do their jobs. Of course one regent tried to do his job, and UT (with the help of corrupt state legislators) ran a successful smear campaign against him. I cannot believe people actually believed that Wallace Hall, a UT graduate, was "an aggy sent by Rick Perry to attack UT". When a regent was threatened with impeachment for trying to do his job and provide oversight of the university, we signaled as a state that the UT administrators could do whatever they wanted. I think Powers was smarter than Fenves, or at least Powers had legal training. An investigation would have a far easier time tying things to Fenves than Powers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallace_L._Hall_Jr.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: May 5, 2020
  15. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

The University of Texas adheres to the Baptist doctrine of investigation - "Nothing is wrong, it's just not as right as we'd like for it to be".

The best money tracker the FBI ever had used to tease me by saying, "Why is it that the school with the nation's best accounting program can't find follow the money trail if you pin a map on their nose"

No one found it strange when we had a president from an out of state school, and a large number of administrative types were suddenly from the same school. (Student housing, student financial services, etc).

Possible corruption in our administrations is nothing new and goes back decades, at least back until we had a University of Texas Ex as governor.

• Like Like x 2
  16. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

the Baptist doctrine of investigation---PRICELESS....!!! bwahahaha!!!

17. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

HYDRA is actually real I'm afraid. Does Captain America exist? We could use him...

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Yep. Even if Perry was a throbbing tool, Hall was a decent guy trying to do what every regent should be doing.

• Agree Agree x 1