UT-Baylor game

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Tark, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

One of the most humiliating defeats I have witnessed in person in all the years I have supported this team. What an incredible opportunity we had to come and actually TAKE it from them and we didn't even SHOW UP!!! Mulkey had her players motivated to destroy us and that is exactly what they did. You have to match your opponent's intensity and we weren't even close. NO motion in our half court sets, just stand around dribbling, etc. I said it earlier in the year and I'll say it again.....lack of production from our post players is our achilles heel. I saw NO passion out of this team last night. Their freshmen really contributed as well, with Richards having 8 points and 8 rebounds and Morris having 8 points. So their FRESHMEN alone outscored our bench 16 to 5....... And THAT is why I said earlier in the year that our bench and depth was NOT that good. I don't care how many McDonald's All Americans you have if you can't PRODUCE!!! VERY disappointing loss. It will be interesting to see where we go from here. We have so much talent, but to not even show up in a game this big is beyond perplexing!!!!!

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  2. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

I agree with this sentiment to a point. But eventually this cant be a "reasoning" if we want to consistently be among the elites. Other programs have the same aged kids with the same struggles and same (or even lesser) talent. Yet they manage to be consistent night in and night out.

• Like Like x 5
  3. HornsfortheWin

HornsfortheWin < 25 Posts

Agree, their freshman produce, because they are being given the chance to play and get better, like other freshmen around the country. You can’t get better if you don’t play or only get token mop up minutes against “safe” teams who aren’t a threat.

• Like Like x 3
  4. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

The offense was "Run around the outside of the forest of tall trees looking for an opening".

Interesting thought about Joyner. I don't think she would've gone for it, but I don't know that for a fact.

5. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

She is a bonafide crazy a#$ ____ (rhymes with witch), and the fans ARE the worst, hands down.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

Neither Chaz nor Rellah were even in Waco...:rolleyes1:

7. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

For clarification, when I wrote my post, I did not know that Chaz had the flu and didn't make the trip. I thought Destiny could have gotten minutes in the Baylor game--not Rellah. I knew Rellah did not go to Waco.

8. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Well the sun DID come up this morning. My grandkids hugged me this morning. Life goes on. Nobody died. Nothing good can be said about last night's basketball. I need a few days to relax. A lot of things to say but maybe better just to let it go. I will be ready Saturday night to see if the kids can bounce back vs Iowa State. Still on the train and will support the team regardless if they play like last night. Even though I was steaming internally it didn't show up in any animosity with the fans. Everyone in my general area and coming and going were respectful and nice. Guess that is "one" thing that was good. Enjoyed Luby's and even met Bobcat! Hook Em.

• Like Like x 2
  9. utfannforlife

I am not looking for a bounce back, I am looking for a domination. Thats what great teams do after a poor performance. If we squeak out a 10 point win I would be really really worried about what that means moving forward.

• Like Like x 5
  10. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

And so we did...

• Like Like x 1
  11. utfannforlife

Yes, indeed we did