UT Co-op in Fort Worth to carry TCU merchandise

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by YearOfTheSteer, Aug 10, 2012.

1. YearOfTheSteer

YearOfTheSteer 500+ Posts

This is ridiculous...

2. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

3. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

No problem with it, more power to them, make as much money as possible. In two years, nobody is going to want TCU merchandise so sell it while you can.

4. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Money's money. If the co-op in Fort Worth can make some selling TCU gear in FORT WORTH, go for it. It doesn't hurt UT's branding in any way, shape, or form.

5. nwking

nwking 250+ Posts

Agree. Go for it. But, I don't see it "starting a great rivalry". The rivalry is what it is and is based on our relationship from the old SWC. The Co-op's decision to carry TCU merchandise doesn't impact any rivalry.

6. tholly

tholly 1,000+ Posts

If TCU can maintain their status as a top20 team then a rivalry will grow. They have real problems so far this yr (much like our 2010 debacle) and may struggle greatly in their 1st yr in B12. Between drug busts, academic issues, anda family illness decision, they've now lost (I believe) 6 2012 starters since February. Imagine Texas losing 4 defensive and 2 offensive starters this week. Our expectations would drop quickly and should. Either way, the issue is if TCU gain regain their momentum and become one of the better teams in the B12. If so, there will be a rivalry as the aggie replacement

7. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

TCU donating money to UT. I'm cool with it [​IMG]

8. georgecostanza

georgecostanza NBHorn7’s Protégé

9. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

Can we get TCU stuff to replace the aggie stuff at Academy on north 183 out here past Duval?

I don't mind a change of colors (if/when it's not Burnt Orange gear, if there has to be something else). Matter off of fact why not make a small section there at Academy with Baylor and TCU -- also Texas State, for crying out loud -- and just move the aggie stuff east of Austin a ways.

Everytime I even see a truck or car with aTm on it I ask myself, why?
    Been there, done that. I'd much rather see Texas State gear, n'other other Big 12 gear.

10. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Oh no. Some of our stout fans will not be able to get into a CooP store! It's ruining the Horns even though they make money.

11. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

We have a rivalry with TCU?

12. petscii

petscii 250+ Posts

hundreds of requests? Soon they'll be in Longhorn Network territory.

13. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

Good thing there are still Co-Ops in Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, and two in Austin we can go to.

14. RooskiHorn

RooskiHorn 25+ Posts

I don't believe that UT is hurting for money! Therefore, this is a VERY bad idea! In fact, I hate it!

Allowing the Toads to come into our domain is just idiotic, regardless of revenue potential.

[​IMG]

15. Texdoc

Texdoc 500+ Posts

That store is almost within walking distance of TCU campus, & a pretty easy bike ride for sure. Not selling TCU gear would almost be stupid at that store.

HOOK 'EM,
    Texdoc. [​IMG]

16. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Score one for the Doc. It's just tee shirts and caps, and the store's a lot closer to TCU than Austin. I'm not fond of all the crimson and cream stuff I see in stores up here in baja Oklahoma, but hey, it wouldn't be there if people didn't buy it. (Agreed...people that need to be visited by the fashion police. [​IMG] ) There's a lot of things that might get me more worked up than the Fort Worth Coop selling frog gear. [​IMG]

17. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

It's not like this is happening on the drag. I couldn't care less what they do in cowtown.

18. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

19. BV Horn

BV Horn 100+ Posts

Hundreds of orders? How much does that add to the bottom line? Is it really worth selling out?

20. fw_horn

fw_horn 25+ Posts

If TCU merch is such high demand, I'd rather see a TCU dedicated store closer to campus. The FW store is my closest store, the last thing I want to see in my University Co-op is gear from our competitors.

21. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

I'm not privy to the numbers, but have those of you complaining considered that tapping into the TCU market just might be to guarantee the economic viability of the site for the long run?

22. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

Boycott TCU gear! [​IMG] [​IMG]

23. fw_horn

fw_horn 25+ Posts

24. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Who says it's "replacing" any Texas gear?

25. JohnnyYuma

JohnnyYuma 500+ Posts

It's NOT the University Co-op any more. No more business from me. If TCU folks want TCU crap, go to the f'in TCU store.

26. -Texas-

-Texas- 250+ Posts

Money doesn't have a favorite team. [​IMG]

27. EPThorn

EPThorn 500+ Posts

I have no problem with it. This is great for TCU fans, as there probably isnt enough demand to justify a TCU only store.

28. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

As long as they don't add OU, Baylor or Aggy, I am ok with TCU merchandise. TTech, maybe. I pull for the cockroaches when they are not playing us.

29. fw_horn

fw_horn 25+ Posts

I went by the FW Coop this past weekend. The store has been branded 50% TCU. Half of the Texas merchandise has been removed and filled with TCU merchandise. The walls have been painted purple, window clings facing outside showing Amon G Carter Stadium have been put up, and TCU signage appears outside. I was really shocked they have made this a 50/50 store.

I'm guessing this was necessary to keep the store open. Has anybody else seen it yet? What are your thoughts?

30. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts