UT Longhorn Lucchese Boots

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by UTsolomon14, Jan 25, 2008.

1. UTsolomon14

UTsolomon14 < 25 Posts

The UT Co-Op (a HornFans partner) is now selling a UT boot made by Lucchese. The boot is a 1883 Lucchese made out of smooth quill ostrich. It features a Longhorn on the front and the University seal on the back.

The boot retails for $349.99 at the Co-Op. The idea for the boot and the implementation came from Student Government. Because of this, the Co-Op is donating all proceeds of the boot to a Student Government & Co-Op Scholarship Fund.

The boot debuted last October and sales have been beyond expectations.

Here is a link to the boots, along with pictures of Earl Campbell and Bill Powers in the boot:The Link

And here is a link to a Daily Texan article about the boots:The Link

2. win1

win1 25+ Posts

I got a pair for Christmas. The co-op's webpage doesn't mention they are ostrich and you can't tell from the picture. I assumed they'd be cowhide and got an exquisite surprise when I opened them up. They're gorgeous, understated, and very, very comfortable. At $350 they are a steal. As a matter of comparison they are selling full quill w/ a couple of Roses on them are selling for 2,500.

3. THEU

THEU 2,500+ Posts

The boots look great, and are nicely priced. Smooth quill is always MUCH cheaper than full quill though.

4. kangsta

kangsta 500+ Posts

does the co-op sell a matching ostrich belt? That is crucial

awesome boots

5. txeconomist

txeconomist 250+ Posts

Yea the are pretty cool. I thought the smooth ostrich they used lookskind of cheesy though. Do it right or just make them calf. The Ostrich Classics version they carry/carried are/were awesome though.

6. UTsolomon14

UTsolomon14 < 25 Posts

Nope, I had to order a belt off the internet. You can actually find some that are suprisingly cheap.

The burnt orange leather color is a tough color to match though. I had to get a peanut-colored belt and then darken it to match.

7. UTsolomon14

UTsolomon14 < 25 Posts

Yeah the full quill ostrich boot they have is nice. But it also costs $2,500. And I think the boot will age itself pretty quickly since it has roses stiched on the shaft..

8. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

I have the full quill boot. It's nice but honestly, I don't think it will hold up well, like mentioned above. I have no complaints, though, because they were given as a gift, which was very generous.

I plan on suppoting the Student Government and purchasing these boots. Are they online order only, or are they available at the store?

9. UTsolomon14

UTsolomon14 < 25 Posts

Thanks for your support Mike.

They are in the store too, but honestly, they are all sold out now. There is a waiting list though. It usually takes anywhere from 6-10 weeks for the boots.

You can sign up at the store (at the jewelery counter) or via the website.

10. win1

win1 25+ Posts

Full quill ostrich ages very well. I've got some I got when I was at UT some 25 years ago and they polish up like new. The smooth skin should be no different. Lucchese's of any stripe for $350 is abargain. Ostrich w/ the UT stuff is just an extra cool bonus. (In case you can't tell, I'm really enamored with mine.)

11. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

For what it's worth, I just called the Co-op to make my purchase. They said it will take about 8-12 weeks to come in because they are a special order and because of the demand. UT14 is right about their stock on hand. Only have two pair in stock because they were returned for not fitting right. They are size 7. So if there are any small footers out there that need a 7, you can go to the store. Otherwise, need to be ordered.

If someone doesn't know their size, or wants to try on something before purchasing, you can visit your neighborhood boot store (Allen's, Cavender's, etc.) and try on a pair of 1883 Lucchese boots. It will be the exact fit as the UTSG boot from the Co-op. Once you find out your size, then just order that size from the Co-op.

[​IMG]

12. ShadowNinja

ShadowNinja 100+ Posts

I usually like my boots to be one uniform color, but those boots are damn nice[​IMG]

13. madscientist

madscientist 1,000+ Posts

nice touch that they chose the 1883.

14. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Nice looking longhorn boots. They only come in one width, though, and I am going to guess this is equivalent to medium, like most athletic shoes these days, which is called "W," but is not wide, it's medium and doesn't fit my short, wide foot.
    I could go try on some 1883's I suppose.

15. UTsolomon14

UTsolomon14 < 25 Posts

There are two widths available. B for the ladies, and D for the men.

16. badexcuse

badexcuse 1,000+ Posts

Nice job, Andrew. Congrats.
    [​IMG]

17. TomTerrific

TomTerrific 500+ Posts

Got a full quill burnt orange custom made set of boots from the boot guy on the square in Mason Texas for $400.

Took about two months, but they are the most comfortable things I put on my feet.

edit:

Sorry, I didn't realize that the proceeds were going to student government, I just thought it was a thread about boots.

They are nice looking and if it is helping you out, I would recommend it to anyone that asks.

18. S197HQQKEM

S197HQQKEM 500+ Posts

19. S197HQQKEM

S197HQQKEM 500+ Posts

Ah, my new boots aren't snakeskin, they are ostrich leg, cigar color.

The Link

[​IMG]

never heard of ostrich leg boots, I thought that that pieve (pieve? wtf is pieve?, I mean't piece) down the top was snakebelly, shows what I know, but I do know that they are dang comfortable. [​IMG]

20. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

I think I will check them out-maybe they will be wide enough.

21. S197HQQKEM

S197HQQKEM 500+ Posts

accurate, I haven't had boots in years and have never had Lucchese (sp?) boots and didn't know if I would be able to fit in any of them as I have a high arch in addition to the wide foot, I tried on about 6 pairs until I found a pair that fit. Hope the SG 1883's are close in size.