UT, OU, and SEC?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Giovanni Jones, Jul 21, 2021.

1. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Dem boys know how to shuffle the deck...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  3. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  4. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

The Big 12 has been somewhat "destabilized" for years. Bowlsby has has been unwilling/unable to re-stabilize. No legitimate teams have shown any interest in joining. UT and ou saw the writing on the wall, as I'm sure did other members. This move was inevitable, as will be the dissolution of the conference.

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Nice to have options. I tell my kids this all the time.

7. LonghornMD

LonghornMD 100+ Posts

Yep. There will be no buy-out if the Big 12 implodes before 2025….. which it will with the announcement of Texas and OU leaving. That statement from Texas admin saying that they will remain in the Big 12 until 2025 is just simple “strategery”, knowing full well that the conference will destabilize as other Big 12 schools scramble to find spots in other conferences. There will be no Big 12 come 2025, and possibly none as soon as the 2022 football season. No one wants to hang around a dead carcass.

• Hot Hot x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

Div I College Football reminds me of the Diplomacy game we used play in the dorm many decades ago (e.g., heavy on negotiation, strategy, intrigue, and occasional betrayal).
    Playing Diplomacy online transformed the infamously brutal board game from unbearable to brilliant

• Like Like x 3
  9. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  10. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Big 12 now going after ESPN because you know, gotta' sue somebody.

Big 12 alleges ESPN trying to 'destabilize' league

Money quote from a desperately out-maneuvered man:

"Bowlsby said he suspects ESPN was involved behind the scenes when Texas and Oklahoma were in discussions with the SEC, but he has no proof of that.

"This whole thing has been a complete articulation of deception," he said."

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  11. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

Cue Gen. Buck Turgidson

12. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

So, they are doing a head fake and possible fumblerooski?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Can Chris form a "minor league", get them some TV money and help them down the road?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

[​IMG]
    One of my favorite Larson's.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

I greeted an aggy coworker with “hello my sec brother”. I asked if he would root for us when we played outside the sec now. He said “Hell no”. He then went on to say A&M would be in a different pod from us. They really, really, really don’t want to play us. All their sec swagger is gone.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  16. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I'm reminded of their glee about being able to suddenly scream SEC SEC at the top of their lungs. It's incredible how their psychological make-up works. They brag and live on delusion, but needed a 3rd party to validate themselves. They had no legacy in the SEC yet lathered it all upon themselves with a trowel. They are desperate for external reinforcement.

But it will never happen until they win on the field.

And stop acting so weird.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  17. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

= it will never happen.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  18. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Sounds like he's been having lunch with OSUs Prez.
    Further accusations levied against UT, OU, ESPN, and the SEC include
    They were "cautious", "thoughtful", "diligent", "clever", "creative" and that the move involved "obvious planning" and possibly even (aghast) "communication" on the subject.

19. RainH2burntO

And this^^^^^ is why the Big12 players and powers that be would be better off to hush up the whining and finger pointing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Enjoy you miserable cow worshipers. :)

• Like Like x 1
  21. RainH2burntO

This^^^^ is truly hard to believe....seems much too prudent and very un-aggy-like.
    They have obviously been reading our boards and are trying to pretend to be clever. I am certain they will out kick their IQ coverage on these new attempts and screw it up somehow.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  22. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

While the ags football team could be quite good on the field this year, the weirdness won’t go away. It will just be broadcast to more people who will wonder with shock and disgust: what are those weirdos doing???

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I agree they will have a very good football team as Jimbo is an excellent coach, even if he's over-paid. His salary is now a committed sunk cost and he's clearly making them over. I'm not sure we could beat them given our inexperience under center (or should I say a few yards behind center?).

25. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

She seems like a nice lady, mother of 5-6 kids. healthcare professional. What has she done to deserve having to have lunch with him?

• Funny Funny x 2
  26. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

I'm not currently paying for cable so has anyone been watching LHN this week? Has Lowell Galindo been on? Saw him in River Place last night, and he looked a little rough.

27. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Guess he better freshen up the resume'.

Haven't watched. When I do check the Guide to see what iOS coming on, it's some sport I don't care about or some stupid political BS that I care about even less.

28. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I generally at least take a look at what's on to see if there's any breaking news stories. Lately it's been nothing but rebroadcasts of former games. Some of it has actually been good, games I was at so didn't see on TV, or games I never saw. There's also been a lot of women's sports replays from last season. VB and SB.

Then there's the same old stories about students biking to Alaska, etc. that happened 5+ years ago. I doubt LG has been on live for a long long time.

• Like Like x 2
  29. Ut forever

Ut forever 25+ Posts

I was surprised by the announcement that we were going to the sec… I never thought Texas would go to the sec.. I am glad we did it shows that our school is being led by competent leadership… For too many years we seemed to be copying the Cal Berkley or Stanford model on football…Hopefully going forward athletic decisions will be made with the interest of being as strong in all sports as possible … Football is king and is the driving force for a strong athletic dept but baseball and basketball will benefit from this move as well as the other sports… Its a scary thought we could have been in the pac 12 right now which in my opinion we lucked out on that…

30. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

You realize that three of our last four presidents came out of Berzerkley?