UT, OU, and SEC?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Giovanni Jones, Jul 21, 2021.

1. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

If Clornyn did anything other than blow confetti in your face for asking how he stands on NCAA money grubbing I would be disappointed in him

Keep one fact in mind at all times: we have had little control over how things have played out in college football over the recent decades but one thing is clear at this point: all the schools are whores and ESPN is our pimp

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I hope not. It's true they have had a lot of success against us the last few years, but as a contender in the SEC? They have as much sustained chance of winning seasons as Vanderbilt. Nor should any of the other (former) B12 schools be brought in. They don't generate near the revenue that Texas and OU do. The rest can try to join other conferences which have room like the PAC or the BIG, to even out the number of teams to 16 total. I hope this suggestion that the other programs isn't a serious proposition.

6. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I refuse to believe this rumor. Out of all the teams left out there to poach, how do they end up choosing TCU? To balance out with Vanderbilt in the East?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

I think TCU's program is way ahead of Vanderbilt, and will stay that way. Better history, especially over past 15 years, better coach, better location for recruiting. TCU would be at least as good as South Carolina or Tennessee or Missouri and those teams.

I'm going to talk kind of crazy here, but I think in a long-haul death match recruiting war between UT, OU, A&M, and LSU, for Texas recruits, adjoining state recruits, and nationally, LSU could end up 4th of the 4. LSU could end up the big loser in this realignment. I don't think the SEC people have any idea that having OU on the schedule every year over the long haul is basically like having Alabama on the schedule. I think they imagine OU to be like Florida or Auburn, but I think they are in for a big surprise. And, I think (but perhaps too hopefully), that with the SEC connection, we will also start putting teams out that look more like Alabama, whereas I think they think we will be an easy "W" on their schedules. Well, that's why they play the games....

8. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

VY,

To my limited knowledge, TCU does not have any players in prison for rape like Vandy and Franklin do.

9. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

In the back of my mind I remember one assault case, but TCU's problems start and end with the pharmaceuticals.

10. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Well, Trevone Boykin did beat up his girlfriend pretty well, breaking her jaw, but I don’t know whether rape was the goal. We went 0-3 against him. 2012, 2014, 2015

11. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

That is the one I had trouble remembering.

12. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  13. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1