UT President To Contact CU's

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by DRAG69, Feb 7, 2008.

1. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I would be livid and would want no part of any kid or athlete that would ask for things like this or get them handed to them. I would want that coach, even if Mack Brown to go away. And for those saying all schools do this or do that, well, all schools don't get busted if that is the case.

And if or when this school does, I will be ashamed and feel dirty about it. But ou fans and cu fans and those of schools often in trouble with violations this is just a speed bump for them.

2. TJ=NPOY

TJ=NPOY 100+ Posts

You pursue it. Cheating should not be tolerated or condoned and if we were doing it too, we deserve to get caught.

You do things the right way or not at all.

3. SINCE73

SINCE73 250+ Posts

LOL!!!
    I thought you guys claimed you didn't want a President getting involved w/ daily football operations?!
    Lets see, getting hosed in a football game where the Pac 10 Commissioner writes a formal letter of apology & cans teh ref from ever participating in another game or a President calling another President because player X in HS didn't choose your team but the other team?

4. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

5. TheTresLeches

TheTresLeches 250+ Posts

6. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

silly sooner makes no sense.

7. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Some of us aren't so sure we want the UT President getting into this, or at least doing it publicly. I understand what's being done, but wonder if it could be done through back channels, if indeed we're giving Colorado a chance to look into the allegations.

If that's the motivation, I'm all for it, just as I'm all for a level recruiting field. I'd like to see all cheating stopped, but I don't believe in the yellow brick road, and I'm just not sure us contacting the CU President will do much good, beyond making us feel like we've "done something".

8. Big12Observer

Big12Observer < 25 Posts

I'm not sure a Sooner should be lecturing ANYONE about how to handle potential violations.

9. Buff Fan!

Buff Fan! 25+ Posts

After everything CU has been through, I will be incredibly dissapointed if there is anything to this. I do find it odd that this was leaked to a radio program. IF CU (or any school for that matter) cheated, it should go straight to the NCAA.

CU has to come out and vigorously defend itself against this.......I hope this does not turn into a tit for tat situation (I do not believe that any program is completely clean, even with the best intentions).

10. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

11. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

Turn us in or shut up.

12. IcyHotStunta

IcyHotStunta 100+ Posts

13. Big12Observer

Big12Observer < 25 Posts

The problem with turning in programs like Texas and OU is that they are big time revenue generating programs for the NCAA. Punishing them would be detrimental to the NCAA's bottomline. Just look at the wrist slap that the Sooners got for the Big Red thing.

14. Handler XIII

Handler XIII 1,000+ Posts

15. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

16. IcyHotStunta

IcyHotStunta 100+ Posts

17. Austintxusa

Austintxusa 2,500+ Posts

What amazes me is that no one knows anything yet about what this is all about and yet the thread is four pages of opinions based on what?

18. Big12Observer

Big12Observer < 25 Posts

You have PROOF that kids like Bennett, Goodson, and Scott were illegaly recruited? What about that Perriloux character that chose LSU?

Do some of you honestly believe that everytime a top-notch player in the State of Texas decides to go anywhere but the 40 Acres that there was obviously cheating taking place?

Kind of arrogant, don't you think?

19. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Seeing as how none of us know exactly what happened, what went down or how makes that silly question stupid.

But you know this, Nole.

20. IcyHotStunta

IcyHotStunta 100+ Posts

Loop- Do you ever state your arguments when you disagree with me? It's the same old **** from you. I swear you have a template made out for me anytime you disagree.

Icy is an Italian soccer fan. Thus, he is the root of all evil. He likes to cheat on his taxes, rape women and so on.

It's funny how you have this personal vendetta against me when you don't know me from Darrell Scott.

21. Big12Observer

Big12Observer < 25 Posts

IcyHot implies that A&M landed Goodson and Bennett by cheating yet offers no proof. How is that any different than what some are alledging about Scott?

22. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Type slowly for the poor fella, will ya? I am done, already dispatched for the day with the easy dismissal.

23. Superfan

Superfan 250+ Posts

24. TexasBuff

TexasBuff < 25 Posts

I guess my unruly comments have been deleted from the board.

I'll have my President contact yours regarding this travesty of message board etiquette. [​IMG]

25. marley

marley 500+ Posts

Icy,

********. What kind of morals do you have? You condone cheating? Maybe if more schools fessed up to the ******** that goes on in recruiting, there would be a lot less of it.

Now, I don't know if there's anything to the rumors, but if there is, no program with any backbone or ethics would fail to take some action.

26. Buff Fan!

Buff Fan! 25+ Posts

For those that heard the radio broadcast, what exactly is being alleged?

27. Horns83

Horns83 500+ Posts

28. marley

marley 500+ Posts

Icy,

You sound exactly like the OU booster who owned Big Red Sports/Imports, or worse, if there is any such thing.

Situational ethics (or outright cheating and getting away with it most of the time) is precisely why OU and their boosters lead the country in NCAA violations.

If you didn't learn the difference between right and wrong growing up, you need to take an ethics class and try to learn that difference. Telling people that lots of cheating goes on in college recruiting and, therefore, Texas should not deal with it when it does is beyond amazing.

There are frequently times when there is no gray and when there is a clear division between the black and white of a matter. If what is being reported is true, this is one of those times. Ignoring it is simply not the responsible thing to do.

29. Bevo5

Bevo5 1,000+ Posts

Wow...I forsee posts being erased and people not posting for a few days.

30. Mr. Orange

Mr. Orange 100+ Posts

I hate to say it, but I partially agree with Since73 on this one. When Boren protested the Oregon result, this message board was full of comments about the role of a university president in athletic functions. Since OU primarily exists as a vehicle for its football team, I would make the argument that he probably has more reason to get involved in these types of matters than Powers. With regard to the University of Texas, I think this is something that I would rather not have our pres involved in. We have hundreds of salaried employees in Belmont and as I understand it Deloss is pretty well connected with the powers that be in college athletics.

When the president of a major university like our gets involved in tattling about recruiting violations regarding a highly desired RB than its evidence that the tail really does wag the dog. He needs to be worry about lobbying for funds, faculty recruitment, and master development plans for the direction of our school. Deloss and Brown make a hell of a lot more money than he does to worry about football, let them handle it.

NOTE - I'm not saying we should turn a blind eye, I'm just saying that there are better ways to fix the problem.