UT President To Contact CU's

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by DRAG69, Feb 7, 2008.

1. nothingman

nothingman < 25 Posts

2. nothingman

nothingman < 25 Posts

Okay. I guess I had never posted.

3. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz 2,500+ Posts

Funny, but not very logical. All indications are that we "put in" Applewhite too EARLY this time.

4. Buff Fan!

Buff Fan! 25+ Posts

Who knows.....if The Major has a chance to build a relationship maybe DS is a Horn. Great hire by the Horns, he will be fantastic.

5. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

6. Buff Fan!

Buff Fan! 25+ Posts

First of all, the position coach is never irrelevant, especially when that changes at the last minute.

We will see on CU. Now it is a letter? It was a call yesterday........

7. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

When parents are asking schools to "up the ante," it is about more than who your position coach is.

Darien Hagen has all of one year of experience as an RB coach. [​IMG]

8. Buff Fan!

Buff Fan! 25+ Posts

Agreed, but Texas made there change at the 11th hour. Hagan also ran quite a bit.

And where is the proof of Ms. Scott receviing something from CU? At this point there is nothing but internet rumor.

9. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

10. Buff Fan!

Buff Fan! 25+ Posts

It is still a legitimate concern isn't it? Especially for a kid that does know much about Major? Sounds like the schools were pretty even, and this helped tip the scales.

11. Fritz

Fritz 500+ Posts

Buff Fan - I have no idea what is going on, but it might be from a booster, not from CU directly. Therefore the coaches can still be clean and truthful, where the whole situation is tainted.

12. Big12Observer

Big12Observer < 25 Posts

According to the New York Times article linked in another thread here, Coach Kennedy (Texas Assistant Coach) called Scott on Monday evening, during dead period.

Coaches cannot contact recruits during dead period. That is a recruiting violation.

I'm surprised so many of you haven't picked up on that tidbit yet.

13. JOSEYWALES66

JOSEYWALES66 100+ Posts

14. ACuriae

ACuriae 500+ Posts

What does the dead period have to do with telephone calls? I thought the dead period only meant no face-to-face visits, in-home or on-campus.

15. DallasHorn

DallasHorn 100+ Posts

If this link has been posted already then my apologies.

NY Times blog....

The Link

16. El_Taco

El_Taco 100+ Posts

"Division I Football

November 25-February 2, 2008, with the exceptions noted below. Six in-person off-campus contacts per prospective student-athlete shall be permitted during this time period with not more than one permitted in any one calendar week (Sunday through Saturday) or partial calendar week: Contact period.

Exceptions:
    • December 16: Quiet period.
    • December 17-January 3, 2008: Dead period. Institutional staff members may have contact with a prospective student-athlete who has been admitted for mid-year enrollment, provided the prospect has signed a National Letter of Intent or other offer of admission and/or financial aid to attend the institution and is required to be on campus to attend institutional orientation sessions for all students.
    • January 4-6, 2008: Quiet period.
    • January 7-10, 2008: Dead period.
    • January 11-12, 2008: Quiet period.
    "

17. ACuriae

ACuriae 500+ Posts

18. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

19. Handler XIII

Handler XIII 1,000+ Posts

Is there a record on hornfans for most times pwn3d in less than 25 posts?

20. El_Taco

El_Taco 100+ Posts

el oh el

21. Buff Fan!

Buff Fan! 25+ Posts

Fritz - Agreed, I am responding to some that are calling the CU program dirty. I am surprised that so many are taking internet rumor as gospel.

22. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

Yeah, there isn't a history of that at CU or anything. [​IMG]

23. overmaars

overmaars 1,000+ Posts

24. Buff Fan!

Buff Fan! 25+ Posts

Yup, Hawkins and co. are known for that.......

Good thing the old SWC teams were known to be so clean. This is crazy.

25. Buff Fan!

Buff Fan! 25+ Posts

Two quick things about Hagan.

First, he was a hell of a runner back in the day (for those that never saw him).

Second, and most importantly, he has known Scott for two years and has things in common with him (broken home, etc.).

Things that can't be discounted.

26. DallasHorn

DallasHorn 100+ Posts

Maybe this well help your memory a bit..........this is your new asst coach. SWC, name our violations, put up or shutup.

" There were 51 alleged recruiting violations, most of which came while Neuheisel was head coach at Colorado. Neuheisel called any violations "inadvertent", which is a little hard to stomach, considering his education and level of intelligence.
    Colorado assistant Brian Cabral told the NCAA he was "going with the culture" established by Neuheisel during recruiting. It was to "push the envelope, not break the law, but to be more creative than anyone else," Cabral told the NCAA.

Also link below about violations in the past....
    The Link

The Link

27. kgp

kgp 1,000+ Posts

Here is a quick review of some of the facts and comment, as I have read:

1. Before Charles left, Scott did not appear to favor Texas based on published comments. Between Charles' and Rucker's departures, Scott began considering Texas more. After Major replaced Rucker, Scott continued to lean publicly toward Texas (without committing orally per se). At the last moment, Scott cut off communication and chose Colorado.

2. Neither Mack nor any other UT personnel have publicly accused CU of anything.

3. UT personnel are rumored to be in communication with CU personnel (presidents, actually).

4. Most HF thought on the subject has been either supporting a measured response, in the event of proof of CU's cheating or of quietly letting the team we whipped 70-3 last time we played them cheat at will.

5. Some people feel that a private conversation between representatives of our schools is lacking in dignity. Apparently these posters think there are more dignified ways for persons to clarify, settle, and avoid disputes than private conversation between those with interest and authority.

6. Some posters don't even know what rules they think CU and/or Texas is/isn't breaking, e.g., the dead period.

7. I quote Edmund Burke: "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Internet message boards are virtual fora wherein issues of interest are discussed, wherein news and rumor are shared, and wherein opinions are expressed. For those who think this thread inappropriate, embarrassing, or otherwise unindicated, I have some advice. Think about how sad and strange it would be if CU or agents acting on its behalf boldly cheated and deceived Mack, in effect coercing a teenager to forgo attending UT, and no one thought it was worth discussing without proof, nor then anyone worth investigating without interest.

28. buffsontherise

buffsontherise < 25 Posts

29. DallasHorn

DallasHorn 100+ Posts

CU Fans:

Your school has a documented history of cheating.

They sound shocked, this is almost as crazy as gooners saying they never cheated.

30. Bevo5

Bevo5 1,000+ Posts

Eh yeah...that was a bizarre post considering the history of CU violations...the recent history even.

Only time will tell. And most likely, nothing will come out of this at all. BUT, maybe it'll make the next go around a little more legit.