UT President To Contact CU's

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by DRAG69, Feb 7, 2008.

1. LittleBunnyFooFoo

LittleBunnyFooFoo 500+ Posts

2. vtaenz

vtaenz 500+ Posts

3. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

We have really got to give this DS thing a rest. We wanted him, they wanted him too and got him. The NYT article was not something we made up so it was worth discussing. I don't blame buff fans for defending the recruiting. This is HUGE for them. They need him more than we do and unless you are delusional, we all know who the better team is. With or without DS [​IMG]

4. ScoPro

ScoPro 1,000+ Posts

I think Texas oughta reannex that Lone Star Republic border....

[​IMG]

5. WTHorn

WTHorn 100+ Posts

Why is this thread not locked?

I have looked through the first 4 pages on this thread and no link to Chip Brown's supposed comments - also searched DMN site and nothing about UT prez contacting his CU colleague. The NYT article doesn’t substantiate any of the stuff being considered in this thread. My heart sank when DS announced for CU but this is getting way too aggy and reeks of sour grapes!
    [​IMG]

I thought rumors had to be at least feebly supported.

6. overmaars

overmaars 1,000+ Posts

Ski Texas 1836

7. blackbelthorn

blackbelthorn 250+ Posts

I will say this, As long as I've been a Hornfan and my family members have been LONGHORN ALUMNS, 9 out of 10 of my friends and family members have NO IDEA WHAT HORNFANS IS.

In other words, as intense and important as Hornfans is to me, it is a very popular NICHE market that doesn't even touch 1 OUT of 50 people that are LONGHORN ALUMNI in my family. I love it, but I don't know anyone else in my circle of family and friends that even knows about it.

So, BUFF FANS, please refrain from making sweeping judgements about UT, Longhorn Fans and Texas as a whole that over 99% of the population of Austin, no less Texas, who can't even ID Darrel Scott if they saw him on TV with a descript under his pic.

Sorry but it's true. After almost 40 years of living in Austin and my family having been here since the early 1900's, I only know 1 family member who knows who Hornfans is. And I've been a major proponent of the site. [​IMG] [​IMG]