UT signs two top volleyball recruits!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Bill in Sinton, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

They have signed Sydney Yogi of Hawaii who is one of the top liberos in the country and Michelle Kocher an outstanding setter from Illinois. Welcome to Austin Ladies!

[​IMG]

2. risinghorn

risinghorn < 25 Posts

Well after the disastrous results against USC, Elliott is going to have to rethink his Home run strategy for success and begin to focus on defense. Senior Libero Alyson Jennings is a big loss, but Yogi is very, very good. More animated than Jennings - she should fit in very well.

The setter position is of more concern. In my opinion, Moriarty was the MVP of the team - - she got it done period. Engle is very talented, but the Horns are not going to return to the Elite 8 or better with her as setter. I have high hopes for Kocher - - she comes from the best setting club in the country - - Sports Performance. I like that Elliott has gone for someone who is similar ot the style of Moriarty.

Defense in 2008. [​IMG]

3. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

Does anyone know why Rachael Adams wasn't listed in the article? Her signing has already been stated in media from her area and her coach also confirmed the signing. Is Texas going to announce it later or in the Spring?

4. 10SNE1?

10SNE1? 500+ Posts

Rachel committed after the early signing period had ended. She'll sign in the Spring. I still think we need another OH.

5. vy10

vy10 < 25 Posts

This is great news! Been waiting for this. [​IMG]

6. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

I'm sure Rachel will sign in the spring also. These were the fall signees.

7. Driftwood

Driftwood 250+ Posts

She will wear burnt orange with pride and take our game up another notch. Can't wait to see her in Gregory Gym!
    The Link

8. THEU

THEU 2,500+ Posts

My sister playbe club and school Vball in High School in the late 90s, so about 10 years ago. I don't even recognise the sport anymore. I had to figure out what a libero was. Wikipedia had to be consulted.... some Italian word in an American sport.. What was wrong with playing to 15 with side outs? What was wrong with playing 6 on 6 without foreign named players? I personally find it a joke. I won't watch it. The sport is ruined. It's a F*cking travesty. I don't know whether to be pissed or sad, or what.
    Now don't get me wrong. I was at UT during the Mick days and went to many of the games when they played at RecSports. This is NOT a rant against our girls. I just don't understand it anymore....

9. gsoda3

gsoda3 250+ Posts

i enjoy this version of the game much more. defense is more important, the overall game is faster, there's more scoring, and the transition game becomes much more important.

10. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts